MANY COMPLIMENTS TO THE HONG KONG COMMUNITY!

Post by lizcrime
Hello everyone!
I'm Elizabeth from the Community team (Waze staff)!
I'd like to introduce myself here to let you know that if you have any issue and specific requests you are welcome to contact me by private message.

It's a pleasure to meet you!

I would like to share with you SOME VISUAL DATA so you can display the great effect of your editing on Hong Kong maps and you could focus your efforts on areas which need to be updated more than others.

Let's start...

This below is called Segment Update Heatmap
It shows how old are segments and it considers: Freeways, Major Highways, Minor Highways and Primary Streets.

GREEN segments = they have been edited in the last 6 months
RED segments = they have been edited over 2 years ago
All other colors = segments edited between 6 and 24 months

https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Common ... .39.38.png
Suggested action would be to check all the areas where segments are red, orange and yellow and update where is needed.

This below is called Speed Limits heatmap
It shows you all the segments which have and don't have speed limits on them and it considers Freeways, Major Highways, Minor Highways and Primary Streets.

GREEN means that speed limits are updated
RED means that segments don't have speed limits

https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Common ... mit_HK.png
Suggested action would be to focus your editing where segments are red.

Please consider that one of the most improving and qualitative action on the map is fixing open map problems and open update requests.

When you find these type of icons on the map, click on them and try to understand what's the issue.
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Common ... .41.46.png

I really hope that our heatmaps will help you to organize your editing in a more effective way which can positively impact the quality of Hong Kong maps.
Of course, if you have any questions or doubt, please feel free to ask in this public thread.

Another important thing...
We are starting to looking for broadcasters in Hong Kong to spread the voice about Waze (here a video to give you an idea on what I'm talking about), my colleague Mona is in charge of managing the broadcast program in Asia, so please meet her too.

"大家好!我是Mona, Waze的國際開拓經理也同時是亞太地區 Partnerships Lead. 大學時期我在香港大學留學了半年,對香港有非常深厚的感情。我希望能夠在香港找到合適的交通電視或廣播電台來做合作夥伴。如果你們有什麼建議或認識的電台,請 private message 我 @MonaWonAir.

希望我們能夠一起努力把香港的Waze地圖編輯的越來越棒!"

We look forward to hear from you!

Cheers
Elizabeth
lizcrime

POSTER_ID:5334738

Send a message

Post by leocylau
Hi Elizabeth and Mona,

Nice to hearing from you here and thanks for sharing the information. I'm not sure I met you before in any Waze's meet-up. Anyway, thanks for your compliments. Well done to all editors in Hong Kong.

Regarding the broadcasters, you can try Now TV or Viu TV. I'm not sure if TVB is interested or not. As I live in the UK so it is difficult to contact them directly.

If you have any queries, feel free to PM me ;)

Btw, you made a mistake in your post:
lizcrime wrote:I really hope that our heatmaps will help you to organize your editing in a more effective way which can positively impact the quality of the taiwanese maps.
Not taiwanese maps... :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Leo
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by leocylau
I know how it happened as my guess is you did the Taiwan bit together with the HK one :mrgreen:
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

Post by leocylau
I'd like to meet you and Mona. Let see if I can go to Tel Aviv this year or not ;) Oh btw, I'm going to the localisation meet-up. Will you be there?
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

Post by lizcrime
I hope you can make it for the Global Meetup in Tel Aviv, and no, I won't be at the Localization meetup :)
lizcrime
Send a message