Wazeopedia for Hong Kong community.

Post by LeoGorRBX_980X
Hi all,

I am starting writing something for Hong Kong Wazeopedia. The purpose of writing it is to provide a clear guide for those who are new users or new map editor volunteers. The language will be written in Traditional Chinese in order to serve some users who do not know English (perhaps we can do it bilingually). If we do both languages, I personally suggest English goes first followed by TC. I had created a bit of it in here. Please don't hesitate to give suggestions on it.

N.B. I am doing my exam until 20th Jan, so I will be temporarily unavailable.

Many thanks,

Leo (Cathay777300ER)
LeoGorRBX_980X

POSTER_ID:17571936

Send a message
I mainly do edition in HK (a little bit in China) and UK.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. (Quoted by Mark Twain (Samuel Clements))

Post by leocylau
Thanks Leo (Cathay777300ER). I'll be quite busy this week as well but definitely I'll take a look when you put more guidelines there.
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by tparker
I was just about to ask whether there were guidelines for Hong Kong users, so glad that someone has made a start on it. Great!

I've made minor edits over the past years, but was never clear on adopted conventions for Hong Kong. For example I notice not many carparks are marked as an area, but there are some outdoor lots for which an area would be suitable. Residential blocks marked as 'lodging' (is this correct? My understanding of this word implies more for hotel / guesthouse use). English / Chinese should be separated as an alternative name - but I see this was also referenced in another forum post.

More specifically i'd like to improve the data in my local area (South Lantau) but would prefer not to cause trouble with inconsistent edits.
tparker
Send a message

Post by tparker
... I take that back, I see the car parks now; I did not have that map layer activated.
tparker
Send a message