"Area Managers" Belgium

[ img ] Map modifications | Roadworks

Moderators: Benelux Regional Managers, Benelux Local Champs, Benelux Country Managers

"Area Managers" Belgium

Postby steveningelbrecht » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:56 pm

We've been talking about this for quite some time, but now we've justed started building some kind of database with people 'responsible' for some kind of area, based on zipcodes or regions
http://bit.ly/WBAMS

We have provided the possibility to add up to 3 Area Manager's for one area, but we would already be happy if every area had at least one :-)

If you want to be responsible for an area, as AM-1:
- you should know the region "inside out" or at least be able to pass there one time a week
- you should be willing to contact the local government to get information about roadworks, upcoming or in progress, local events, ...
- you should know most of the events, happening in the area and know how they can be contacted via social media.
- you should follow up on unknown situations or check update requests
- contact new editors if they need some help or guidance
- you are "the man on the field"
- you are willing to share your e-mail to the country managers so they can contact you directly, if needed.

If you want to be responsible for an area, as AM-2:
- you should know the region or at least be able to pass there one time a week
- you should be in contact with AM-1, to check up on how things are going or if she/he needs any help
- you're the back up, if AM-1 drops out or is absent for some reason

If you want to be responsible for an area, as AM-3:
- you know the region and/or pass through now and then.
- you're in contact with AM-1 and AM-2
- you can help if needed

Please check the list and let us know what area you would like to be assigned to.
The list remains online to be viewable for all, so you should add it to your favorites, to contact the right person for the right area... :-)
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me or one of the Local Champs!
Waze Champ - Country Manager Belgium
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
steveningelbrecht

Re: "Area Managers" Belgium

Postby Kamicazze » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:10 am

Als eigenlijk maar zéér recente Waze gebruiker en editor is het misschien nog wat vroeg om mij al kandidaat te stellen als Area Manager. Maar toch wil ik het er wel op wagen. Eerst en vooral de zones die ik bijna op m'n duimpje ken: 3018 en 3012. Beginnend als AM2 of AM3 dan wel.
Kamicazze

Postby annickdw » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:25 am

Kamicazze wrote:Als eigenlijk maar zéér recente Waze gebruiker en editor is het misschien nog wat vroeg om mij al kandidaat te stellen als Area Manager. Maar toch wil ik het er wel op wagen. Eerst en vooral de zones die ik bijna op m'n duimpje ken: 3018 en 3012. Beginnend als AM2 of AM3 dan wel.

Als je de zone op je duimpje kent, en als ik ze bekijk, zijn ze voor jou véél korterbij dan voor mij... zie ik jou eerder als een am1 -- ik sta er momenteel als am3 (zie mij maar als reserve of back-up, of aanspreekpersoon als je een hoger level persoon nodig hebt) zet ik je op am1?
annickdw

Postby Muggyink » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Bonjour,

je viens d'Evere et j'y habite depuis 30 ans. Je pense bien connaitre cette commune.
Je pense donc pouvoir me proposer comme AM.
De plus je travaille à la commune et je suis donc bien placé pour connaitre tous les évènements, travaux et autre blocage de rue.
En attente de votre réponse,

Bruno
Muggyink

Postby annickdw » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:17 pm

parfait !

Je l'ai inscrit comme AM1 pour Evere

Aussi d'autres parts des Bruxelles ??
annickdw

Postby MoodZy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi,

I'm using and helping in Waze since some time, and have performed almost 10k edits. I live since short in 1200 W-S-L and also know 1150 W-S-P pretty good. I don't have a lot of time due to work (even more after october) so maybe I can start as AM-2 or 3 in those municipalities.
Do we also have to make a request through this form (http://bit.ly/beneluxlvlupgrade )?

Always happy to help ;)

MoodZy

NB : I'm waiting for my new car to arrive and then ask for my "sticker" ;)
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

[ img ]
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby annickdw » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:08 pm

@MoodZy: I have inscribed you as AM2 in this gdrive-spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 4b2c#gid=0)

This thingy is more about actual managing an area : keeping the map correct, checking for roadclosures due to roadworks and events

It's a bit confusing because Waze uses the same names for editors - Ours is an attempt to coördinate the area-management in Belgium (or make a start with it) - knowing that someone keeps an eye at a certain area, knowing who to contact if you have questions, ... there are 3 columns because we don't expect someone to do it alone! The AM1 is probably really common with the actual road-situation - AM2 a bit less and AM3 is a reserve AM
(I can't say I come regularly in Limburg, but none of the lvl 4+ is (at this moment), ...but i've studied there, have family and friends in that area, so... I won't make a detour to check a renewed situation in Limburg, but I can commit to scan for roadworks and events in Limburg)

MoodZy, added you as AM2 for Woluwe-Saint-Pierre/Sint-Pieters-Woluwe and Woluwe-Saint-Lambert/Sint-Lambrechts-Woluwe
annickdw

Postby steveningelbrecht » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:14 pm

AM / Area Manager is someone who takes responsibility for a region / area, and knows his way around in the forum and community. He or she is willing to participate in tasks...
It used to be like that you have to be level 3 to be Area Manager, but Waze has made this more flexibel... So no need to be level 3 to be area manager...
But if you want to become level 3, you should have enough expertise and knowledge about how things work... :-)
Waze Champ - Country Manager Belgium
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
steveningelbrecht

Postby annickdw » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:09 pm

steveningelbrecht wrote:But if you want to become level 3, you should have enough expertise and knowledge about how things work... :-)

and by becoming area manager as a level 1 or 2 editor, you are not alone in 'managing' your area, someone is watching your work, helping, following your progress, you show some commitment, you are much closer in communication with the community and the other editors, which might provoke a promotion :o :shock: :lol: ;)
annickdw

Postby nirvuad » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:13 pm

Hello

I could help for

Grivegnée 4030
Angleur 4031
Chênée 4032
Chaudfontaine 4050
Vaux-sous-Chèvremont 4051
Beaufays 4052
Embourg 4053
Beyne-Heusay 4610
Fléron 4620
Romsée 4624
Magnée 4623
Liège 4000

as AM 3, I live in Romsée (part of Fléron)

Jean-Marie
nirvuad
State Manager
State Manager

Next

Return to Belgium