Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by LaurentCaufriez
OK. Thanks for this details. For police traps, is-it following same behavior: only vocal if you are above the limit?
LaurentCaufriez
Send a message

Post by LaurentCaufriez
OK. Thanks. Any idea why in such case speedcam doesn't follow the same behavior? (Belgium laws regulation maybe)

Laurent
LaurentCaufriez
Send a message

Post by LaurentCaufriez
Seems indeed a good explanation. Thanks for your time to answer to me.
Have a nice day
Laurent
LaurentCaufriez
Send a message

Post by steveningelbrecht
Well, you always get a warning when you are speeding, because of the new speed limit feature...
And if that isn't enough, you also get a sound alarm when you're speeding over the set allowed speed of the speed cam...

I agree there could be more customization, but it's still the responsability of the driver to check his speed... Personally, i think if two sound alarms aren't enough already, a third one wouldn't help you to not speed... no matter if there is a speed cam or not.
steveningelbrecht
Send a message

Post by sylvian1
Hello,
Same problem for me. I have drive at 92km/h instead of 90km/h (gps) and I had only the visual warning 'contrôle radar frequent' without sound alarm.
If you drive close to speed limit, it could be a problem if you dont' have a sound warning.

Waze's developper are able to add a lot of features (gadgets). Why they can't add an option to have a sound warning in all speed cam approach?

Customer could have the choice to be warned in case of exeeded speed or in all case
sylvian1
Send a message

Post by sylvian1
... You should be honest :lol: most of us (coyote, waze, ... users) want to be warned in case of speed cam approach

I know that we are responsible of our speed, but if we are perfect, waze doesn't have any utility...

Another case, but I don't know how the speed cam is set in case of fog (temporary speed limit lower than usual) or in case of work, but in these case waze doesn't change the limitation and you don't be warn in speed cam approach...
sylvian1
Send a message

Post by tilto
cette demande reviens souvent, "avertissez moi de tout".

Bon avec l'affichage de la vitesse max dans l’application et de son beep, la situation est deja meilleur.

Les vitesses sont justes près de chez vous ?
tilto
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by wimvandierendonck
antoinemeyer wrote:I definitly don't understand why we couldn't choose to have a sound alert...
Speed indicated by GPS is different than the one by the car...and some radars doesn't allow a significant error of margin (new radars)...so it could really be helpfull to have a sound alert all the time
Waze now has general 'speed limits'. That system is independent of speed cameras. It's possible to enable an audible alert for that. Since recently the speed off 99.99% of all major roads and over 90% of all other types of roads is entered.

So you can have a warning anytime you go over the limit.

More info:
https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6386895?hl=en

I hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
wimvandierendonck
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message