Forum rules
Welcome to the Belgium Community forum!

Ask us any question here. Or if you want to chat with us, join the Waze BeLux Slack:

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeopedia-files/b/be/Slack-invitation-banner.png
(click the image to join the Slack)

Map editing

Post by acidoxy
Hello Wazers,

Is there a possibily to select all the roads on the screen in on time.
Clicking every street (even with the ctrl) is tedious.
acidoxy
Country Manager
Country Manager

POSTER_ID:16872755

Send a message

Post by acidoxy
Indeed, it's for mass editing in region with a lot of streets without any city name and street name.
I would like to select everything to put the city name.
acidoxy
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by acidoxy
I'm busy in the region of Andenne, but I already made a lot of streets.
for exemple such a region:
https://www.waze.com/fr/editor/?lon=5.1 ... ,240533762
acidoxy
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by acidoxy
For Info,

I've already made the changes for the city in this section
acidoxy
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by annickdw
There is the exemple of an American who mass edited, and he managed to erase all data from streets of an entire state :roll:

he needed help of an entire team to recover his mistake as fast as possible, and his 'little misclick' is a fameus exemple :lol:

I don't dare :?

by the way, if you select a segment with a streetname, and you multiselect other segments with other or no streetnames,... and than you correct 'all citynames'... than all streetnames become the same or 'none' ;) - I noticed it in small amount of multiselecting, I really don't wanna do that with an entire screen
annickdw
Send a message

Post by stefaanschroeyers
You can also press "m" before you want to select several segments. "m" is an official shortcut to select more than 1 segment and you don't have to press "CTRL" all the time ;)

But always be aware with mass editing! You can do much harm, so be sure with what you do!
stefaanschroeyers
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by stefaanschroeyers
I also wouldn't recommend. Because you need to be sure what cityname you'll have to fill in! With mass editing this quality is far from garantueed! As Steven also said: most of the time is one letter enough to select the cityname.
stefaanschroeyers
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by steveningelbrecht
Why would you want to do that? You're talking about mass editing, which is a very dangerous thing... :-)
steveningelbrecht
Send a message

Post by steveningelbrecht
I would not advice you to do that... it's only a little effort to input the cityname, when also inputting the streetname... only typing the first letter is mostly enough to get a autosuggestion...

If you want, i can see what i can do, but then you have to tell me what area you're looking at...
steveningelbrecht
Send a message

Post by SwenVandenberk
annickdw wrote: by the way, if you select a segment with a streetname, and you multiselect other segments with other or no streetnames,... and than you correct 'all citynames'... than all streetnames become the same or 'none' ;) - I noticed it in small amount of multiselecting, I really don't wanna do that with an entire screen
Been there, done that :oops:
Luckily it was only a rather small area so correcting it back to the original situation didn't require a whole night :D
SwenVandenberk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message