how to delete/clear my recent routes?

Moderator: Unholy

how to delete/clear my recent routes?

Postby xeno76 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi,
Can you tell me how to clear / delete the routes that have been assoicated to my account?

I'm talking about the list that shows up under "Navigate->History" I can't seem to find a way through the iphone client, or through the web site.

Thanks!
xeno76

Re: how to delete/clear my recent routes?

Postby weeezer14 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:59 pm

I think you can click on each item and hit remove. No way to do them all that I remember.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
weeezer14

Postby xeno76 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:35 pm

Great! That worked for removing them from my app.
What about removing them from the "My Dashboard" and "Your Recent Routes" from the http://www.waze.com/dashboard/ site?

Thanks!
xeno76

Postby weeezer14 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:52 pm

The routes (not destinations) that you see on the website cannot be removed. They are the basis of your editing permission area and hold the speed data Waze uses to give you and all users routing and ETA information. They are the raw data that makes Waze what it is.
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
weeezer14

Postby RallyChris » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:04 pm

If you are worried about privacy, only you can see your whole route. Anywhere else that someone else can see it (GPS points, map problem reports), gets a scrubbed version which removes the ends of the routes, and your user information is not shown.
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
RallyChris

Postby kilativ » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:09 pm

"only you can see your whole route" assuming the develops do a get job. Everything can be hacked. Also until you get a judge order to hand it over to the police.

Waze may at all times review, retain and disclose any other information as Waze deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request and Waze's needs and necessities. By doing so Waze does not either expressly or impliedly endorse, affirm or in any manner assume any responsibility for such communications.
kilativ

Postby gettingthere » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:12 pm

If you are concerned about the amount of detail being captured when you use Waze you can use anonymous mode. If that is still not adequate, Waze likely isn't for you.
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico
iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1, Waze 4.4
Waze - PLEASE ADD CARPLAY SUPPORT
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mpimsler » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:08 pm

The method shown by Waze, which says to select a destination from the history list, does not not work. On my phone (iPhone) this action does not go to a preview screen which includes the remove option, but rather goes directly to route calculation. I am apparently using the most recent version of Waze, per the Apps Store. Any suggestions, short of deleting the app altogether?
mpimsler

Postby weeezer14 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:24 pm

mpimsler wrote:The method shown by Waze, which says to select a destination from the history list, does not not work. On my phone (iPhone) this action does not go to a preview screen which includes the remove option, but rather goes directly to route calculation. I am apparently using the most recent version of Waze, per the Apps Store. Any suggestions, short of deleting the app altogether?

You need to click the small arrow on the right side next to the entry to get the options. If you press anywhere on the line other than that arrow, it will go straight to navigation mode. This is standard iOS design that you will see in most apps.
weeezer14

Postby usa_q92mfjwi » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:22 am

Sorry to jump into an old thread, but I don't have an arrow on the right side. I have an exclamation point inside a circle. Is there another way to clear recent history?
usa_q92mfjwi

Next

Return to Website, Community, General