Sound to Speaker / Bluetooth?

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Sound to Speaker / Bluetooth?

Postby kldconcept » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:45 pm

I have a problem with BT when I'm online waze sounds happening on my communication, while normally I don 'not use BT are the Waze, but through the HP internal
:oops:
samsung galaxy s2 ics4.04
kldconcept

Sound to Speaker / Bluetooth?

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:33 am

kalo88uk wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Eric, speaker is the phone speaker. Otherwise, waze will use BT streaming (Sync phrase). If "Prefer BT" is selected, then it will use the BT phone style connection and interrupt any playing audio on the car stereo just like a phone call does.

It doesn't use any of your phone minutes or anything though right? Does it just make the headunit (Stereo) think its a phone call to interrupt?

No, no minutes used. It's just the type of BT connection between the phone and car and allows the "interrupt" to happen.

Tapatalk made me do it.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlexN-114 » Tue May 14, 2013 11:56 am

kldconcept wrote:I have a problem with BT when I'm online waze sounds happening on my communication, while normally I don 'not use BT are the Waze, but through the HP internal
:oops:
samsung galaxy s2 ics4.04

I had the same problem. I used SoundAbout to redirect the sound to the speaker. Now after the update to 4.1.2 all work correct without workaround. ;)
best regards Alex ;)
AM Waldviertel (NÖ)/Forest quarter (Lower Austria) / CM Austria / GC
HiLiCi @ greasyfork.org or @ userscripts.org
AlexN-114
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby GoBama84 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:00 pm

This is an old thread and I'm sorry for bringing it back up. It seems to be the only place I can find where people are having the same problem as me.
I was using Waze on an iPhone 4s with no issues with bluetooth. I have recently changed to a Galaxy 5s and no more alerts or directions come through the car speakers unless I'm on a phone call. Then they will come through until I get off the call.
This sounds like a Waze problem as android does not have the option to play sound to BT while iOS does.
Has anyone found a good fix for having Waze alerts and directions (If Nav) through BT?

Thanks, this is my first post to these forums.

GoBama84
GoBama84

Postby ohdian » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Thank you! I have been trying for weeks to get Waze via BT on my Samsung S3. As of now, and I am leery of expecting this to be a permanent fix, I suddenly get audio on BT. I am using it with AudioBT TTS. Not crazy about the voice, but at least the audio instructions are finally there.
ohdian

Postby CharlesNakar » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:53 pm

I initially thought it was my car causing the problem but after reading the posts I understand it is likely Waze that has as issue. In my 2015 CRV only in the last few months whenever I try to use Waze via Bluetooth there is no sound and I am being asked by the car system if I would like to transfer the call but what ever I am doing I cannot make the Bluetooth to work with Waze. Funny is the fact that when I am in a middle of a phone call, Waze sounds loud and clear through Bluetooth which is very irritating because is is so loud you cannot continue the phone call.
Please advise
Charles
CharlesNakar

Previous

Return to Website, Community, General