No GPS

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: No GPS

Postby lordy5 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:22 pm

iPhone 3GS - iOS 5.1.1
Waze version - 3.2.2.0

Tried a google search, seems like there is a lot of people with this issue but no solutions :(
lordy5

Postby lucazen » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:54 pm

This issue appear also to me very often, lost gps signal when google maps get fine instead.

Only after numerous attempts to restart waze / gps i can navigate normally. At now I have not yet understood where is the problem.

I've LG OPTIMUS ONE with android 2.3 and latest version of Waze.
lucazen

Postby nikwax » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:19 pm

I have same issue with iPhone 4 and iOS 6. Apple Maps looks fine, but Waze has no idea where I am, or it finds where I am every five minutes or so.
nikwax

Postby nikwax » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:37 pm

nikwax wrote:I have same issue with iPhone 4 and iOS 6. Apple Maps looks fine, but Waze has no idea where I am, or it finds where I am every five minutes or so.

Fixed by deleting the app and reinstalling it, works like a champ now!
nikwax

Postby PalmettoC » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:47 am

I was having this issue also, even though it was still showing me driving down the interstate pretty accurately. I just cut my phone off and back on and restarted Waze, and I haven't had the issue since. I'm on an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.01
Columbia, SC - Cleveland, TN
AT&T, iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4, Waze 3.7.7.0
ImageImage
PalmettoC

Postby realc4ever » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:45 pm

hi,
when i have gps problems, i ran gps doctor and it fixes it.
you may want to see if there is an equivalent program that is free if you just want to experiment.

if you do run gps doctor though, try to do it when at home or in the morning, because once you run it, it will take a few minutes for your gps software to get a fix. but it fixes my gps problems 98% of the time.
realc4ever

Postby RJ_McKenzie » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:54 am

daknife wrote:Not sure about all the folks having problems with their new IPhones, but on my Galaxy S I ended up buying a bluetooth GPS antenna, and use it almost exclusively because the weak GPS receiver is a known weakness in the GS devices.

What GPS did you buy? And how easy was it for Waze to recognize it? I have a Galaxy Nexus and I live in a heavy urban area and the GPS goes all over the place at times. I was looking at the Garmin GLO for a external bluetooth GPS and that it uses both the American and the Russian GPS systems. That should increase accuracy using more satellites.
RJ_McKenzie

Postby rleejr79 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 am

Sometimes my GNex glitches with the GPS and states no GPS as yours does. I just leave Waze in the background, open Google Maps, let it lock on to my position, then return to Waze. This has fixed the issue every time. It has only happened about 5 to us to me though.

~I don't always respond to the forums from my Nexus 7, but when I do, I Swype with Tapatalk 2.

Image Image My Waze idea: Vote Here Pls!
rleejr79

Postby sk2380 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:59 am

csquare wrote:I am also having the issue with the No GPS Connection.
I have an iPhone 3GS with OS 6.0.1.
I am not traveling out in the sticks. I am traveling along a major interstate and Waze cannot find me.

Absolutly i am facing still many times in a day.
even i have iphone 5 and 3GS, 3GS its specially occurring again and agin.

hope to get solve in the next update..
Image Image
CM FOR Image
Social Media Expert-iPhone Expert-Translator(Hindi)
iphone 5 iOS 6.1.2 Waze : 3.6
sk2380

Postby wine4sure » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:46 pm

I never used to get this (I have the same phone, IOS and so on) but now I increasingly do.

Some journeys it doesn't happen at all, others I'm plagued by it.

Sometimes just leaving it alone is all I have to do and it fixes itself. Other times powering off the phone and on again kind of helps for a while.

I also quite often lose GPS lock when I turn a corner. This is when the view will change to different satellites, I assume.

I just assumed that it's because the GPS in the iPhone 3GS is a bit rubbish, and my phone is getting old.

I think comparing with Google maps can be a bit misleading because that also uses WiFi and 3GS signals, whereas I don't know if Waze does that?
wine4sure

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General