Maybe I Should Go Back to Garmin?

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Maybe I Should Go Back to Garmin?

Postby Atlas85 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:28 pm

xtago wrote:Id say get a garmin and use waze for fun on the side, and use the garmin for any important trips you need to do.

The maps on the garmin will be a 1000x better than the waze maps, most of the old inner city roads and suburbs aren't even mapped what so ever so once you need a suburb street or side street waze will be useless anyway whereas the garmin will have all those streets ready to go.

That is very much depending on where you use waze - "here" (the Netherlands), the maps greatly outperform ANY other map. Also in the very crowded and narrow city centers of this country.
Atlas85

Postby I-Hate-Traffic » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:49 pm

harling wrote:I doubt the points are lost. More likely, some of your drives have not been processed yet--especially if they are long drives.

Thanks, a 93 mile trip taken on October 11 and the return trip taken on October 13 has never posted. Most of the miles driven while out of town are missing too. Of about 250 miles driven that weekend Waze credited me with 59 miles.

I track and expense most of my miles. Last week I expensed 362 miles plus another 50+/- personal miles. Waze did credit me each day but at a reduced rate. Of 412 miles driven last week I was credited for 261.

Then yesterday I drove 65 miles and was credited with 122 miles.

Miles are credited so sporadic with errors over a long period of time I wonder if Waze is seeing the problem?
I-Hate-Traffic

Postby Froggypwns » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:38 pm

Yea Waze has been a bit iffy with getting everything processed in a timely fashion lately. I just finished a 2000+ mile trip, only a small chuck of the places I've been are showing in WME at the moment. A few weeks ago Waze took about a week to display all my drives from a 400 mile trip, it doesn't have any rhyme or reason as to why some of the legs of my journeys show up faster than others, as sometimes it was the shorter trips that are being delayed rather than the longer parts.

Either way, the drives and points do eventually show up, just not always as fast as one would like.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby I-Hate-Traffic » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Seems like the miles reported issue was better, maybe fixed for a week. Then it started to fail again yesterday.

A question to Waze: Is there an end in sight to unreported miles or is this just the Waze it is?
I-Hate-Traffic

Postby I-Hate-Traffic » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:48 pm

I continue to loose miles each day in Waze. My one way commute is 32 miles and I that's about what I miss each day.

When I travel to an office different than my regular drive it works fine.

Is there a fix in the works?
I-Hate-Traffic

Postby CBenson » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:47 pm

Out of curiosity, could provide which phone you are using and if you have a network connection when you park at the office?
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.3.0.1
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby thefatveganchef » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 pm

I drive ~40 miles each way to and from work with some of that not being connected to the network and I don't lose my mileage when Waze is working right. Are you shutting down your phone when not connected to the network / a wireless router?
thefatveganchef

Postby iron_eric » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:06 pm

+1 also, if there was a 'like' button (which there may be, not looked!) some comments deserve it :)
iron_eric

Postby floppyrod84 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:38 am

Sadly there's not.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Previous

Return to Website, Community, General