Same problem here.... seems nobody cares
felipeedwards

Re: Facebook Connect won't work via desktop

Postby daftpaul » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:47 pm

Is not working yet. :C
daftpaul

Postby jerickson1075 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:47 am

I have a similar problem to rest of you. For me, Facebook will not properly link to Waze on my SG3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Waze and Facebook apps, I have cleared the cache, I have cleared the data, followed just about every help topic I could find and still no FB connectivity to Waze on my phone. I even like Waze so much that I completely wiped my phone in an attempt to fix this (out of desperation, not stupidity). None of it worked.

I believe what happened is I broke the connection when I killed unknown sessions on my FB account. This seems to be about the same time I started noticing my Waze pic and my FB friends list no longer visible on my phone. The account works perfectly fine, other than the FB connectivity.

My theory - I killed the session and the Waze app isn't smart enough to realize that I killed it. Facebook sees this connection as an unwanted connection. But, the Waze app on my phone thinks everything is working normally.

Can someone from Waze check the code to see if it can updated to check for an authorized session each time - and if there is not one, to reauthentice?

Let me know, please. This is driving me nuts. Plus, I am very curious about the fix.

Thanks!
jerickson1075

Postby gary_vm » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:49 pm

I have the same problem as well, I can't see anything on the web that is related to my FB account, on my mobile it works fine, but it's useless on the web
gary_vm

Postby TheGabeMan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:34 am

Same here, can't see friends list. Pushing the facebook connect button does nothing.
TheGabeMan

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:08 pm

alxjalmeida wrote:For example, I can't load my friend list on the waze website.

Agreed. There is something broken for many of us on the website related to facebook.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby alxjalmeida » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:31 pm

I have noticed this as well. I don't agree with the claims others are making that there is no functionality on the website by being connected to Facebook. For example, I can't load my friend list on the waze website. Facebook works just fine on the client which is key, but it would be nice to see this fixed if it is a simple Waze/Facebook API issue.

Thanks!
alxjalmeida

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:21 pm

AndyPoms wrote:Does your dashboard look like the image below after connecting? If so, Waze & Facebook at connected and the link is good to go.
facebookconnect.jpg

I actually connected my Waze & Facebook using the app after this issue started and it seems fine.

Also, Alan, there was a time after version 3.5 (both platforms) came out that Waze asked us all to re-connect our Waze & Facebook accounts (if we wanted) because a change led to a disconnection for all users.

No, it does not look like that. It shows disconnected and clicking on the button, as others have stated, does nothing but spin for several seconds then reloads the page. The app is connected to fb just fine as I can see all my fb friends.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General