Any way to avoid specific roads?

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Any way to avoid specific roads?

Postby chaaalie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:19 am

I live in the Tampa Bay Area, and work on the other side of the bay ... from where I am there are basically three bridges to cross the bay and get to where I am going, and all three theoretically are highways/interstates so their posted speed is generally similar. The problem is that two of these bridges would route me through Tampa (city) and the third -- while only a couple miles and a minute or two longer -- would be almost exclusively "rural" interstate with much less traffic and simply a much easier commute ... but Waze is pretty insistent I take one of the high traffic routes.

Right now my only solution is to tell Waze I want to make a stop on the way actually AT the bridge I would prefer to cross ... but there really should be a more elegant solution. Being able to avoid specific routes or roads would be nice -- or simply being able to "reject" suggested routes until it comes up with one you like would be very helpful.

I'm a bit of a novice, so I apologize if I have missed some way to do this ... but I think I have checked out the options pretty thoroughly. Thanks.
chaaalie

Re: Any way to avoid specific roads?

Postby chaaalie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:54 am

In the routes list there are three options, but the variations are AFTER the "Tampa route" bridges ... my issue is that some of these bridges have 7 or more miles between exits, and if there is a backup reported ahead of me once I pass that last "bail out" exit, I'm screwed.

It is a risk/reward scenario that just doesn't pay dividends for me ... if the two "Tampa" routes have no issues (which would be rare) I would arrive 3 minutes earlier ... but I'm willing to give up the 3 minutes because the "rural" route rarely has issues -- whereas the others are almost assured.

I have just started this route recently, and with the holidays ending I will be pushed more into the traditional commute hours (and so will everyone else) ... so maybe this week my preferred route will start showing up in the top 3 options.
chaaalie

Re: Any way to avoid specific roads?

Postby gerben » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:48 am

Does the third (preferred) route show up in the alternative routes list? If yes, the others are simply faster according to real time and historical data. If it does not, there is a possible map error on the third route.
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Return to Website, Community, General