Mark Moving Police differently!

Moderator: Unholy

Mark Moving Police differently!

Postby squallywood » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:50 am

It sucks to have slowed down for a police symbol only to see there isn't one. Often times the same Wazer keeps reporting the same police cruiser as it continues down the highway.

If the police is moving, that should be indicated by a different symbol.

I suggest: "Hidden, Visible, Driving"
squallywood
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:29 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Mark Moving Police differently!

Postby txemt » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:56 am

If the cop is moving, it shouldn't be reported in the first place. A lot of people don't understand that. If you report a cop, you're putting down a point on a map and "advertising" something is there. If the cop is moving....it's not THERE!!! Ugh....
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager
 
Posts: 4770
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:03 pm
Location: 26.1901 80.3659
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 1034 times

Re: Mark Moving Police differently!

Postby pittpanther » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:21 pm

If someone is reporting the same cop moving cop multiple times, clearly they are abusing a loophole to get more points.

If I'm in a construction zone that lasts for 2 miles, I "could" report that a dozen times... There are several of these loopholes that can be abused to gain points. Not sure if these can all be addressed...
pittpanther
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:19 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Mark Moving Police differently!

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:07 pm

Waze has limits on the number of reports one can make in a set distance/time. Also, as you get closer to those limits you start getting fewer and fewer points per report.

If you can get the username (tap on the reports), send that info to support and support can check into the report history & if necessary have a chat with them...
Image
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 7136
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Hartford, CT
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 1304 times

Re: Mark Moving Police differently!

Postby Daknife » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:30 am

More likely it's not the same user but the same usergroup reporting the officer as he jumps down the road from ticket to ticket. Many officers will start out at one point and then each time the finish writing a ticket, they just turn on the radar gun and immediately tag the next victim. Easily resulting in reports "moving" down the road with them.
Image
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:03 pm
Location: Riverdale, Utah
Has thanked: 456 times
Been thanked: 227 times

Re: Mark Moving Police differently!

Postby txemt » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:49 am

I understand that, but I've also seen reports that have:

Police visible: 2 miles ahead
Reported by: AndyPoms
Notes: Black unmarked car moving along east on highway 1

WTF?!?
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager
 
Posts: 4770
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:03 pm
Location: 26.1901 80.3659
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 1034 times

Re: Mark Moving Police differently!

Postby Daknife » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:56 am

Cut it out Andy, we all know you are doing it just to mock TXemt. :lol:
Image
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:03 pm
Location: Riverdale, Utah
Has thanked: 456 times
Been thanked: 227 times

Re: Mark Moving Police differently!

Postby CBenson » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:33 am

Ok so yesterday morning I was completely stopped in traffic on a divided highway with two lanes going in my direction. A police car with its lights and siren on passed me on the shoulder (presumably going to whatever issue had stopped the traffic) and traveled out of sight up the shoulder. Within seconds a police alert popped up on the road a couple hundred yards ahead of me. How could this possibly be useful to anyone? What are people thinking?
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 10333
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:13 pm
Location: Crownsville, MD, US
Has thanked: 1069 times
Been thanked: 2354 times

Re: Mark Moving Police differently!

Postby txemt » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:36 am

CBenson wrote:Ok so yesterday morning I was completely stopped in traffic on a divided highway with two lanes going in my direction. A police car with its lights and siren on passed me on the shoulder (presumably going to whatever issue had stopped the traffic) and traveled out of sight up the shoulder. Within seconds a police alert popped up on the road a couple hundred yards ahead of me. How could this possibly be useful to anyone? What are people thinking?


You should have tried to figure out who did it.....then tell them you're a CM for Waze and I am ordering you to STOP DOING THAT SH*T!!!!
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager
 
Posts: 4770
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:03 pm
Location: 26.1901 80.3659
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 1034 times

Re: Mark Moving Police differently!

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:32 am

txemt wrote:I understand that, but I've also seen reports that have:

Police visible: 2 miles ahead
Reported by: AndyPoms
Notes: Black unmarked car moving along east on highway 1

WTF?!?

Yea, I had Scotty beam me from Connecticut to Texas just so I could post that to piss you off... :lol:

txemt wrote:
CBenson wrote:Ok so yesterday morning I was completely stopped in traffic on a divided highway with two lanes going in my direction. A police car with its lights and siren on passed me on the shoulder (presumably going to whatever issue had stopped the traffic) and traveled out of sight up the shoulder. Within seconds a police alert popped up on the road a couple hundred yards ahead of me. How could this possibly be useful to anyone? What are people thinking?


You should have tried to figure out who did it.....then tell them you're a CM for Waze and I am ordering you to STOP DOING THAT SH*T!!!!
I've sent more than a few polite PMs telling people not to do that. Most who read the message are understanding - those who do not read the message get another with a sterner subject line, or even an in-app Ping when I catch them.
Image
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 7136
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Hartford, CT
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 1304 times

Next

Return to Website, Community, General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], TheGBerry