Foursquare checkins no longer an option?

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Foursquare checkins no longer an option?

Postby pittpanther » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:16 pm

Are people still worrying about Foursquare? Checking into places to get points for no good reason? I lost interest in 4sq about a year ago.

I do see fewer apps working together these days. A troubling sign.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
pittpanther

Postby Mr_GO_HERD » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:12 am

darkneon wrote:Yes this feature has been removed in the beta's prior to this official release. I too regret this decision by Waze as I used it more then 10 times a day.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk

I used it a lot. Now its annoying becuase i have to click out of Waze to click into FourSquare to checkin and then back out and back into Waze and on and on and on....
:cry:
Mapping from the plains of Illinois to the mountains of West Virginia!
Mr_GO_HERD

Postby Mr_GO_HERD » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:17 am

stonierocks wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:I can't believe people actually use waze to check in on Foursquare, it's a horrendous implementation!

That's your opinion.

I stopped using the regular Foursquare app long ago, mostly because i just forgot to use it. When I started using Waze, I started checking-in almost every time I went somewhere . Waze is usually already running on my phone when I arrive somewhere and the Foursquare check-in was so convenient. Now, not so much.

The "horrible implementation" is where the button is now. I very rarely use the route function. The other option is the "check-in" under "My friends > On The Way". Makes no sense to be placed there. I won't stop using Waze because of it. But I don't have to like it.

I rarely used FourSquare until I realized how easy it used to be to check into it using Waze. Thats when my FourSquare use picked up times 1,000! Ill have to check out the new way to do it, but I dont really use the navigation so it sounds like I am going ot have to go through a lot of steps when I could just click out of Waze and into Foursquare and check in and back to Waze even though thats more inconvenient than before.
Mapping from the plains of Illinois to the mountains of West Virginia!
Mr_GO_HERD

Postby annickdw » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:10 pm

I'm still using 4SQ, and I'm glad I added a few of my regular spots in 4SQ... Because when I am configurating Waze to choose a destination, and I use the 'search' option, I see myself gliding one step to the left to the '4SQ' option, almost EVERY time... and what shows up: my known check-in points from 4SQ !!
SO EASY !! All my favourite spots (or a lot of them), easily accessible, easily addable... also the locations where I don't come that often... If I've been there, there is usually a FSQ check-in registrated, and those check-in points are exact locations for Waze (better than the street and housenumber), because 4SQ allowed me to locate (or correct) the exact location on a map... the Waze App has become more useful for me since I discovered that option (because the destination is exactly correct, not roughly estimated)

so I vote for an easily accessible 4SQ-button - 4SQ made Waze better than it allready is, so why not return a favor?
ImageImageImage
annick@wazebelgium.be
Glocal Champ - Country Manager Belgium
ImageImage

how to make a permalink - Benelux Wiki-guide
annickdw
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:14 pm

I'll keep adding my vote for moving the damn camera button and putting 4sq back on the main menu. Camera spam on the map is too prevalent and that button is abused.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby manantunes » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:24 am

If it does'n work anymore, why is foursquare button showing in the app at the present?
manantunes

Postby AndyPoms » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:32 pm

manantunes wrote:If it does'n work anymore, why is foursquare button showing in the app at the present?
This topic is almost two years old (and refers to an older version of the app). In accordance with the Forum Rules please do not reopen topics that are more than six months old.
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Website, Community, General