Foursquare checkins no longer an option?

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Foursquare checkins no longer an option?

Postby skwalogs » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:11 am

Yeah my sentiments exactly. I agree w the majority. 4SQ was much better integrated before, less efficient now w more taps to just to get to it.
skwalogs

Postby stonierocks » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:12 pm

dmcconachie wrote:I can't believe people actually use waze to check in on Foursquare, it's a horrendous implementation!

That's your opinion.

I stopped using the regular Foursquare app long ago, mostly because i just forgot to use it. When I started using Waze, I started checking-in almost every time I went somewhere . Waze is usually already running on my phone when I arrive somewhere and the Foursquare check-in was so convenient. Now, not so much.

The "horrible implementation" is where the button is now. I very rarely use the route function. The other option is the "check-in" under "My friends > On The Way". Makes no sense to be placed there. I won't stop using Waze because of it. But I don't have to like it.
stonierocks

Postby usa_jlyezx2v » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:12 pm

I agree, the social media option was one I use EVERY day. If there are no plans to return this option, I may seriously consider leaving Waze, which is something I do not want to do.

Waze developers, what are you planning to do about this issue?
usa_jlyezx2v

Postby WeeeZer14 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:44 pm

NotEd3k wrote:It's much less friendly to get to and keeps your eyes off the road longer.

If you are checking in, why do you need to have your eyes on the road??? You are at your destination if you are checking in, right?
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Foursquare checkins no longer an option?

Postby WeeeZer14 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:55 am

DonJ2 wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:
NotEd3k wrote:It's much less friendly to get to and keeps your eyes off the road longer.

If you are checking in, why do you need to have your eyes on the road??? You are at your destination if you are checking in, right?

Some users are trying to check in at waypoints, like fast food drive-thru, before they have reached their final destination. I do this everyday.

Okay, if you are in the drive-thru I still don't see an issue with taking your eyes off the road. I don't think any fast food establishment has gotten quick enough where you don't stop your car at least twice ;)
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Website, Community, General