WinMo Registry Settings

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: WinMo Registry Settings

Postby deeggo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:36 am

I use Sashimi too, it's great. You can backup and restore everything from Waze, your account, your preferences, favorites, recent destinations. The files are located in \program files\waze\. You need the following files:
"preferences" (optionally) > program settings (nothing a user can change from the user interface I think)
"user" > account/login, user program options and settings, twitter/foursquare login etc.
"history" > recently found locations (lines that begin with A,) and favorites (lines that begin with F,)

Looking at that last file, it seems that the order of F,-lines corresponds with the order of the favorites in the client. I think yo ucan reorder your favs by changing that file.
Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One X | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

WinMo Registry Settings

Postby riceboyler » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:17 pm

OK, maybe a bit of a misnomer in the title, but I'm not sure what to call this. I tend to be a habitual ROM flasher (we need a support group), and as such find myself reentering my login/password and redoing my options on a regular basis. I use a program called Sashimi to automatically reinstall the software I use on a regular basis and reset my email account info, etc. whenever I reflash. I'd like to know if there's a particular registry key or settings file that stores the waze setup information that I could include in my script so I didn't have to redo it manually each time.

Thanks in advance for any info!
Jason Clark aka riceboyler
Nashville Area Manager
AT&T Fuze (running Energy ROM or Android 2.1 w/ Waze on both)
Holding out hope for Windows Phone 7!
2000 Subaru Legacy GT
riceboyler

Re: WinMo Registry Settings

Postby riceboyler » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:50 pm

deeggo wrote:I use Sashimi too, it's great. You can backup and restore everything from Waze, your account, your preferences, favorites, recent destinations. The files are located in \program files\waze\. You need the following files:
"preferences" (optionally) > program settings (nothing a user can change from the user interface I think)
"user" > account/login, user program options and settings, twitter/foursquare login etc.
"history" > recently found locations (lines that begin with A,) and favorites (lines that begin with F,)

Looking at that last file, it seems that the order of F,-lines corresponds with the order of the favorites in the client. I think yo ucan reorder your favs by changing that file.

Excellent information. Thanks!!!
riceboyler

Return to Website, Community, General