- No clearly defined support route (preferably with some kind of tracking). We have email, forums, Facebook and Twitter but I'm never sure which is the best route into Waze support, and responses on all platforms have never been 100% reliable.
- Change history - the client version history isn't maintained in the Wiki (I added iPhone version 126.96.36.199 myself) and certainly we don't get any information of exactly what has changed or known issues
- The Cartouche change log in the Wiki hasn't been updated since March
- The Known Issues topic in the forums was a good start, but doesn't seem to get much information posted to it, and the Corrected notices have no fix date
- Uservoice has lots of great ideas on there from the user community yet Waze have made very few comments or acceptances since I've been watching - despite some of the ideas having lots of votes or in some cases, I am sure they are already planned/in development
- There are many topics in the forums which really need the attention of Waze - I have posted about error messages, others keep asking about the UK map imports, and the classic has been the posts about how slow Cartouche has been
I'm very enthusiastic about Waze, but I'm starting to feel a little battle weary. I understand that during the rapid development phases there will be many issues & bugs, but the lack of information flowing back from Waze is very frustrating. People will understand and live with the software development issues so long as they are kept informed and have a voice which they feel is heard.
I would love to see:
- An active support forum where Waze support posts are clearly identified and every topic is responded to in an official way
- A clear known issues list for each client and cartouche which lists the issue, it's status (open, accepted, in-development, closed) and gives dates and versions
- change log information when new versions are released so that I know whether errors I've reported should be fixed now (or new features included) or if I need to be patient and wait for the next version
- A much more active presence in Uservoice including moderation to merge similar suggestions
Waze is going from strength to strength at the moment with a growing and very enthusiastic user community, however this will only be maintained if the communication flow is bi-directional and sufficient to keep people comfortable that their contributions are valuable whilst the product develops into a much more valuable and self fulfilling tool.
As I stated at the start of my post, I'm a very enthusiastic Waze user. However my current perception is that things are so busy and chaotic in Waze HQ that communication with the users is being neglected. Please take this next leap in keeping in touch with the user base and I'm sure it will help Waze grow into the world leader it truly deserves to be.