Windows Phone 7

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Windows Phone 7

Postby dmcconachie » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:27 pm

Not sure you can call the latest pairing a disappointment. Nokia is WP7's only hope. And the reverse is likely true too. The 800 brings them back and makes them relevant again in my opinion.
dmcconachie

Postby Hankster » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:21 pm

dmcconachie wrote:...
Yeah, it was talked about a lot on here at the time. It's a strange one though because Microsoft obviously have a very strong alliance with Nokia now who essentially have a competing product.

My theory was that they might be licensing Waze's tech because of the issue they have with Navteq and their existing Bing navigation (press to continue) but no sign of that so far. But then there's the Nokia nav... Currently is exclusive to the disappointing Nokia phones, but I think eventually that opens up to all the WP7s. TBD...
Hankster

Postby Hankster » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:20 pm

Easy sheople easy... I would have thought that this http://m.bgr.com/2011/07/12/microsoft-m ... pany-waze/ might have helped this along. Guess money CAN'T buy you love after all. I have 4 friends that got 4Ss. Two of them are reporting WORSE battery life than the 3GSs they came from. Battery life is my #1 heartache with my iPhone. So no no no.
Hankster

Postby gettingthere » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:25 pm

dmcconachie wrote:It was the time factor that gave me confidence! WP7, perhaps, in the future but I wouldn't say in the next 12 months let alone 2 or 3 weeks!

Especially since Waze 3 for Android (a platform that Waze has said that they are supporting, and the leading SmartPhone OS by installed base) isn't even to public Beta yet.
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:17 pm

gettingthere wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:I'm afraid you have 0% chance of that happening!

Getting aggressive with your predictions are you :D

I agree, 100% that you are correct! Not happening in a few weeks for sure. Especially since Waze hasn't even hinted that they are considering the Windows Phone 7 platform at this time.

It was the time factor that gave me confidence! WP7, perhaps, in the future but I wouldn't say in the next 12 months let alone 2 or 3 weeks!
dmcconachie

Postby gettingthere » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:15 pm

dmcconachie wrote:I'm afraid you have 0% chance of that happening!

Getting aggressive with your predictions are you :D

I agree, 100% that you are correct! Not happening in a few weeks for sure. Especially since Waze hasn't even hinted that they are considering the Windows Phone 7 platform at this time.
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gettingthere » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:14 pm

hankster wrote:Another request for a windows phone 7(.5 mango) version of this neat app. I'll be making the leap in a few weeks from my 3GS and would love for waze to be there when I get there...

If Waze is that important in your decision making process, you may want to consider an iPhone 4 or 4S instead.
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:53 pm

hankster wrote:I'll be making the leap in a few weeks from my 3GS and would love for waze to be there when I get there...

I'm afraid you have 0% chance of that happening!
dmcconachie

Postby Hankster » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:48 pm

Another request for a windows phone 7(.5 mango) version of this neat app. I'll be making the leap in a few weeks from my 3GS and would love for waze to be there when I get there...
Hankster

Postby gettingthere » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:57 pm

jklier wrote:No, but "yet" is the key word. The new Mango update is getting excellent reviews. Nokia and HTC have publicly made statements about their confidence in the OS. Nokia, HTC, Samsung all have numerous new WP7 phones being released.

Pyramind Research, Gartner and other analysts have predicted 20+ % market share in the next few years. The real numbers so far have shown growth as flat however those generally lump in phones running the old Windows Mobile 6.5 which is certainly losing users. That makes it difficult to tell the real growth of WP7.

I know predictions are about like fortune telling. Only time will tell. :)

Yes, time will tell. But at the rate that the Windows 7 platform is growing, estimates of 20% market share are not looking possible in the near future. Especially when iOS and Android are both gaining.

Nokia may turn out to be a 'lame duck'. They are taking way too long to launch their Windows 7 phones.
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General