Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة

How do you increase your edit level?

Post by AaronDrysdale
Hi,

I've just recently discovered Waze, and wow... what an amazing project. I love the community nature of this. However, when I started looking at the map and trying to edit a few problems I saw (in fact I found a new road had been opened in front of the Westin tonight) I quickly discovered I can do very little editing.

I understand why permissions exist, but how do you increase your edits to get to level 2? The requirement for 1000 edits seems very high, given that most things are locked to level 2 or higher. How have other people increased their edits?

Thanks
Aaron
AaronDrysdale

POSTER_ID:16973795

Send a message

Post by jamesmdino
AaronDrysdale wrote:Hi,

I've just recently discovered Waze, and wow... what an amazing project. I love the community nature of this. However, when I started looking at the map and trying to edit a few problems I saw (in fact I found a new road had been opened in front of the Westin tonight) I quickly discovered I can do very little editing.

I understand why permissions exist, but how do you increase your edits to get to level 2? The requirement for 1000 edits seems very high, given that most things are locked to level 2 or higher. How have other people increased their edits?

Thanks
Aaron

or you can PM someone who you see who has edited around that area to unlock so you can make the necessary changes.

1000 edits go before you know it, and you'll be level 2 after that. Generally all the main streets (SZR etc) are locked higher but the smaller streets are lvl 1.
jamesmdino
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by TeeDee55
If you see a problem and it's locked at a higher level, ask someone to unlock it for you. You should be able to find the Unlock request part of the community posts. This is especially good if you are trying to solve problems (on the map editing screen). Get help if you can't figure out what to do with a particular problem. I found that really concentrating on areas that I drove often really helped. Then I was actually changing things that I was sure about. Secondly, add things to the map: parks, schools, the location of major stores, parking lots, parking lot roads for large parking lots, etc. Again, work on an area that you really know well. If your area has already been pretty much finished, then it is harder. Go to an area that is under construction and make sure all the roads have been added. Use the PAVE road function in the mobile app.

Good Luck.
TeeDee55
Send a message