دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة
Post by GregH8541
I must also say that it makes sense to set the cameras that are NOT on Zayed road in the Emirate of Dubai to 120. The cameras on Zayed road INSIDE the Emirate of Dubai that are positioned about every 1 km we might want to set at say, 135 +/-. That way people are not driven crazy by non-stop alerts.
I feel that all other cameras should be set to the actual posted speed limit, not the grace amount.
GregH8541
Send a message

Post by GregH8541
Can we please address the issue with the ones on Zayed Rd between E75 and the marina? Please set those ones back to 138. It is the ONLY place in the UAE where there are alerts every 500 meters for about 20 KM or so. Even though it was agreed to in the post above this one, it has not been done.
GregH8541
Send a message

Post by Hamed126
Speed limits are there for guidance, What anyone drives is at his risk, the problem is that there are other on the roads and drives should learn that they don't own the road
Hamed126
Send a message

Post by jamesmdino
Arnoniem wrote:Yes, this is why we have decided to give all cameras the actual speed limit. We've put that in the UAE guidelines as well.

I also agree that we could make an exception for the 1-camera-every-1-km piece of Zayed road. :D
There we could set the first and last camera to 120, the rest to 135.

Feel free to help set all the cameras to the correct level. Note that the lock level of a camera is the same as the last person who "touched" it.
If there's any camera where help is needed, you can post them here with a description and permalink, for Bazgrant and myself to adjust.

I agree with the above. Setting the speed camera's to the actual limit improves waze in notifying the wazer of the intended 'speed trap'. Unless you are a taxi driver (which I doubt...) you're not hearing the alert as often as stated.

The "grace" speed limit doesn't apply to all camera's FYI in particularly with the new multi-radar's being installed around the UAE.
jamesmdino
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Majid-Alyafeai
Yes true it should be road limit [THUMBS UP SIGN]
Majid-Alyafeai
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Thank You
Majid Alyafeai

CM | United Arab Emirates
Edt | Since 2014
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Post by Majid-Alyafeai
this will show in the app ?

as i didnt see it in the app till date
Majid-Alyafeai
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Thank You
Majid Alyafeai

Edt | Since 2014
Hidden Content

Post by Majid-Alyafeai
ahh ic , you mean voice warning .. ok got it

and how i know if the camer speed are wrong or pending to edit it ? as iam driving and its not mintioned the speed limit is this much
Majid-Alyafeai
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Thank You
Majid Alyafeai

Edt | Since 2014
Hidden Content

Post by Majid-Alyafeai
Arnoniem wrote:You should pay attention to the road :lol: to know the speed limit
If you're driving 125 and no warning, then you know camera should be adjusted, and you can place an UR.
ok i will be attention :twisted:

and its good idea regarding the camera speed limit .. will go for that .

this all options if its available in the app itself it will be more nice , i think its easy for the team to do it . hope someone of them read and do his pest :)

have a great weekend guys , and dont do somethings wrong ;)

Best regards
Majid-Alyafeai
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Thank You
Majid Alyafeai

Edt | Since 2014
Hidden Content

Post by Majid-Alyafeai
Good morning everyone,

as a map editors we want permeation to filter all new camera has been pasted in the map , so we can confirm it .

because its defecul for us to make zoom in every road and search for the cameras .
Majid-Alyafeai
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Thank You
Majid Alyafeai

Edt | Since 2014
Hidden Content