دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة

Please stop the madness! Zayed Rd. Dubai cameras

Post by GregH8541
Some time ago, it had been agreed that traffic cameras along Zayed Rd from the Abu Dhabi border to the north end of the Marina would be set to 138 and from the north end of the Marina onward would be 118. This was to prevent the audible alert from sounding every 20 seconds. It seems that someone has gone in and butchered the cameras. Can a manager correct this and then lock the cameras to at least lvl 4? I have made some corrections where I was able to do so. But many of them are locked.
GregH8541

POSTER_ID:17020843

Send a message

Post by Arnoniem
I thought we agreed: The Speed limit, with the exception of the Dubai section of zayed road, with a camera every 500 meters.
Arnoniem wrote:Yes, this is why we have decided to give all cameras the actual speed limit. We've put that in the UAE guidelines as well.

I also agree that we could make an exception for the 1-camera-every-1-km piece of Zayed road. :D
There we could set the first and last camera to 120, the rest to 135.

Feel free to help set all the cameras to the correct level. Note that the lock level of a camera is the same as the last person who "touched" it.
If there's any camera where help is needed, you can post them here with a description and permalink, for Bazgrant and myself to adjust.
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ BeNeLux Champs UAE Champs Android Beta Coordinator Middle East
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman CM:Thailand
https://u.cubeupload.com/Arnoniem/FsnBw8.jpg

Post by bazgrant
Can you please provide permalinks to them?
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by bazgrant
Yes, JamesMDino you are correct - it has been agreed that all cameras are to be set at the signposted road speed limit, not the allowed 20kmh above that.
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by GregH8541
Some time ago, it had been agreed on this forum that camera speeds for purpose of audible alerting on Zayed Road from E75 north up to the Dubai Marina would be set to 138 kph. This is because of the alert going off every 20 or so seconds. It seems that with the new cameras being installed in new locations, that after editing the camera positions, the new cameras have been set to 120 kph. The alerts are mind numbingly annoying. Can someone please fix the speeds in this are back to 138 so that drivers can maintain their sanity while driving through this area?
GregH8541
Send a message

Post by GregH8541
Yes so can the exception be made for the Zayed Rd cameras because the alert every 20 seconds drives me CRAZY and I am sure that others will agree.
GregH8541
Send a message

Post by GregH8541
Has this subject been ignored? The cameras on Zayed Rd between E75 and the Marina are still set to 120 kph and are buzzing every 500 meters. Can we please make these changes back to 138 kph? I don't want to have to leave my Waze sound set to OFF for my daily commutes...This HAS to be annoying normal users as well...
GregH8541
Send a message

Post by GregH8541
Bumping this again for attention
GregH8541
Send a message

Post by jamesmdino
Wasn't it agreed that we set them to 120km/hr ?
jamesmdino
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jamesmdino
Thats what I thought also that was agreed. Though the RTA are suddenly changing speed limits around the Emirate, Dubai-Al Ain road was 120km/h(official) now reduced to 100km/h(official) and other parts where it was posted 100km/h(official) now posted to 80km/h(official).

If the audible alert is annoying because the wazer is speeding above the official posted limit, couldn't they turn it off?

Their car will give an audible alert after 120km/h anyway without the function to switch it off???
jamesmdino
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message