دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة

Update Request "Closure"

Post by jamesmdino
Perhaps I missed something but there seem to be a lot of Map Update / Update Requests being closed without actually updating anything.

This doesn't help waze and the map update will continue to occur as nothing has been changed on the map.

Advising the user the issue will be automatically closed in "7 days" is pointless apart from adding points to your account. I may have not read this part in the UAE editing guidelines.
jamesmdino
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16954152

Send a message

Post by Arnoniem
Tim is helping us browse through the massive amount of urs. If the ur is very unclear and the reporter is not communicating, those reports arent usefull imo

send from my SGS4, using Tapatalk
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ BeNeLux Champs UAE Champs Android Beta Coordinator Middle East
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman CM:Thailand
https://u.cubeupload.com/Arnoniem/FsnBw8.jpg

Post by jamesmdino
The UR should be marked as "Not identified" since the issue was not identified and not resolved.
jamesmdino
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by timspilman
Hi James, as someone who has been working with Arno to deal with a lot of URs, I'd like to explain my approach.

In order to deal with the very large backlog of reports, I have requested info on what is happening, and then if no response is received, they are closed, marked as not identified.
In my experience, about 75% or URs receive no response.
Please let me reassure you, every time I open a new UR, I try to work out what is wrong (including checking for previous closed URs in that area) and if there is no response I check again before I close it (it's not just a case of sending out a blanket message and automatically closing the report without looking at it).
I have never intentionally marked any 'not identified' URs as fixed, and I have always tried to keep in contact with the rest of the editing community to ensure we are all on the same page.

Unclear URs (no matter how old) need addressing. A user who reports an error and receives no response is unlikely to bother reporting many more times. Even if they can't remember / are too busy to respond to an editor's question, at least they know we are there.
(For reference, I found one UR in RAK I think (out of my editing area) which was more than 700 days old. I wonder how many more times that user bothered filing a report...

I hope this clears up my approach; If you have any questions or comments, I'm happy to discuss them with you - just let me know.

All the best
Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
timspilman
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message