دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة

[DONE] Lvl 5 Needed to join ramp to highway please

Post by bazgrant
Can somebody please join this ramp to the highway.

https://world.waze.com/editor/#?zoom=8& ... TTTTTTTTFT

Also, does anybody know why there are certain sections of the Abu Dhabi/Dubai highway that are locked to level 5? It makes it very difficult to try and get this map up to date if I keep having to request help on here for different sections - some parts of the highway are not locked at all, why can't all of the highway be unlocked? Or at least the requirement lowered to level 3?

Many thanks :)
bazgrant

POSTER_ID:7198207

Send a message
Last edited by bazgrant on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by bazgrant
I have been going round most of Abu Dhabi, KCA, KCB and Musaffah doing exactly that! I have renamed most things and generally sorted out a hell of a lot. If the editor is down then why is it my fault that those ramps are not named? I have actually read the wiki, check out the whole of the Dubai Outer Bypass road and the Jebel Ali junction off the Abu Dhabi/Dubai highway, Mussafah and the whole of KCA - all my own work, all now completely sorted, now I'm trying to get the whole of Yas Island up to scratch.

I'm sorry if, for whatever reason, you've had a bad weekend/night/whatever but please don't take it out on me. I am working my ass off to get these maps up to scratch because I like the program and it's implementation.
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by bazgrant
I wasn't blaming anybody for locking them, I was merely asking why they needed to be locked because it makes my job much more difficult :-)

I have only done small parts of Dubai as I don't actually live there but have done lots of Abu Dhabi :-)
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by bazgrant
Thanks for the unlock buddy, just noticed it now :)
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by bazgrant
Quick question, where did you get your graphic for your forum sig? It looks good and I was wondering if I could build one for myself :)
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by bazgrant
aaah, missed that bit - thanks :)
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by enhket
Because people screw up the maps. For example, you aren't even naming the ramps, thing you would know if you read the "best editing practices" text from the wiki.

It took my ID because i helped people that requested help on this forum (including you). When you edit a segment and it was locked by someone, the segment takes the lock of the last editor. You will notice it by checking the segments next to the one you want me to unlock. segments that were locked at the beggining by a editor level 4.
Now, i cant unlock the roads or join the ramp because the editor is down (you cant edit right now), so ill do it later.
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8

Post by enhket
I was in Dubai a few weeks ago, and i drove from Dubai to Doha and the freeway was not created. So i got the area to do that. I fixed a few things in Dubai and i havent done anything else.

People were requesting help here and i had access to a few areas so i helped. The problem is i didnt pay attention if the road was or not locked (and i never do) because if i am a level 4 and levels 5 come and unlock my roads, it wouldnt be nice (because i locked them for whatever reason and whoever needs it unlocked should ask me). So i do rarely unlock roads/segments.

Like i said you before, the segment takes the ID of the last editor. I am sorry if you got offended, but it bothers me when i get blamed by "locking roads" (when i didnt) and all i was doing was helping someone else who was not getting any help. The annoying part is when people go to waze, file a ticket and talk how you locked such roads and waze blames you for it.

If you find any roads locked by me, let me know and i will unlock them.
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Christopher C. Enhket

Post by enhket
Dubai is heavy and needs a lot of work. Anyways, i am sorry about all of this, let me know if you need any segments unlocked and ill unlock them for you.
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Christopher C. Enhket