دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة
Post by TheOtherNeo
nomadica wrote:I did notice at 2 separate traffic signals, it was asking me to drive to the next junction, make a uturn and then take a right rather than just taking a left.
It seems that you too have found some roads with the same errors I referred to. Instead of going straight it would route right, and then a "turn left and then turn left" prompt to bring you to the other side of the intersection.

The same as you, I checked the turn restrictions at the intersection and everything is set correctly, but it will still route to the right.

That is why I feel that a simplified map is the way forward.
TheOtherNeo
Send a message

Post by TheOtherNeo
I drove Al Wasl Road and Jumeira road yesterday and today. Whilst these roads are drawn on the map editor as two split-lanes, you can't see it on the phone application that way. Since the lanes are so close they just merge into one with maybe the occasional tiny gap. With auto-zoom enabled, there is no visible distinction between split and un-split roadways.
bazgrant wrote:The roads are physically split carriageways so should reflect that on all maps.
I'm of the opinion that it is better to have a structure that works for its intended function than to try and replicate every tiny detail which doesn't seem to serve a purpose.
TheOtherNeo
Send a message

Post by xander271
Having run into this problem myself before finding this thread; I initially relied on the wiki. As a result I merged the road and lost half the addresses.

I've edited the wiki before a re-write is done so someone else doesn't delete addresses like I did.
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Area ... -Way_Roads.
xander271
Send a message