Anybody out there? UAE

Moderators: MapSir, Arnoniem, shogsbro, moosool

Re: Anybody out there? UAE

Postby Lupo_DXB » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:42 pm

Live map: now it shows everything, no idea why it didn't when I first opened it. Normally I only use it in the car on my HTC, but when I realized, that he sends me to Green Community R/A instead of the fly-over, I checked it on the live map later. It was a problem of road "size". I tried to correct it in the "edit" mode.
There are more "Wazers" driving around Dubai than I thought! I think we should have a sticker on our cars! ;-)
Lupo
Lupo_DXB

Postby maqableh » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:44 am

Hello :-)

Count me in too.

Ali.
maqableh

Postby bazgrant » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Welcome Lupo :-)

I haven't used the live map much but if you zoom right in on the UAE it does show a few things. I tend to only rely on the app really :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
bazgrant
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Lupo_DXB » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Downloaded Waze today, used it already, posted reports alredy - THIS IS GREAT!! I will start editing the map tomorrow. Why does the "Live Map" on the HomePage show nothing at all in the UAE???

Lupo
Lupo_DXB

Postby TheOtherNeo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:49 am

The area is Al Quoz again.

It is always someone new. :? I have contacted the editors the previous two times and reverted it back. There needs to be a way of vetting editors before they can make changes. What the map need is a clean-up and simplification effort and less meddling with minute changes which adds nothing to the application's functionality.

bazgrant wrote:What area is it? Maybe you can talk with the editor who changed it and come up with an amicable solution?
TheOtherNeo

Postby bazgrant » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:14 pm

What area is it? Maybe you can talk with the editor who changed it and come up with an amicable solution?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
bazgrant
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby TheOtherNeo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:35 pm

I've not been using Waze for a couple of months since I've been out of the country regularly and the application didn't work either. Now that I'm back I see that someone has gone an undone all the work I did on some roads. The T-junctions are now again split roads, and on top of that all of the segments are categorised as "Ramp".

nbezuidenhout wrote:After spending the last few days cleaning up an area and removing all the spaghetti junctions, multiple tiny one-way segments at what is supposed to be T-junctions etc, someone went and put it all back again. :evil:

Don't really feel like chasing a moving target. :cry:
TheOtherNeo

Postby bazgrant » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:57 am

Hi,

You can request to become AM of any area. Just follow the procedure here: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... ea_Manager

:)
bazgrant
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby maburous » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi there guys, I've been commuting to work from Dubai to Abu Dhabi ( Mawhi ) for 3 months now and I started using waze 11 ago. I'm trying to get all the speed traps on the dubai - abu dhabi road but there a few which are either missing or wrongly placed & locked.

I'm trying to help as much as I can, I would appreciate if you guys don't lock speed traps on this high way. I'm driving down that road every single day and it's really frustrating not being able to fix it. I also wonder if it's possible to become the manager of such an area ?
maburous

Postby bazgrant » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Will be good to have another wazer around, check the editor wiki it has all the info you need :)

http://www.waze.com/wiki/?title=Map_Editing_(new_Editor)
bazgrant
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Next

Return to United Arab Emirates [دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة]