دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة

Reports not visible in editor

Post by Fahed2000
Hi ive been using waze for a while now and have reported many speed and redlight cameras. my issue is waze map editor seems not to show them. I follow my route log but no cameras are shown along the route. id like to improve waze but it seems i cant.
is there any way i could view my full logs including camera reports (new cameras and removal or edit of wrongly placed ones). there are certain cameras which i recall reporting over 10 times and nothing shows on the editor. similarly other which are placed on the wrong side of the road.
im getting frustrated with waze lately.
any ideas are welcome on how i could more successfully manage the reporting issue.
thanks
regards
fahed
Fahed2000

POSTER_ID:16871714

Send a message

Post by Arnoniem
Hi fahed,
the cameras should appear in the waze editor. did you have a look, and make sure the camera layer is on? (Shift S)
If so, can you show a permalink of the segment / area you've reported them?
As Bazgrant said, you have to enable the checkbox in the editor, to get them in the map.
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ BeNeLux Champs UAE Champs Android Beta Coordinator Middle East
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman CM:Thailand
https://u.cubeupload.com/Arnoniem/FsnBw8.jpg

Post by bazgrant
I do find the cameras bit annoying myself, it does seem to take the servers a while to process the fact that a camera has been added in the app and actually show it in the editor.

However, from the wiki it says:

Adding Cameras
Cameras of all types can only be added to the map from the client application. You must be driving past the location of the camera installation (preferably on the correct road and in the correct direction) to issue this report.
Once you have submitted the camera report, it will appear on your client screen (and yours ONLY). Once that day's drives have been processed by the Waze servers, the camera will appear in the Map Editor where it can be approved. It must be approved for other drivers to be alerted of its presence.

It may be worth asking this question in the main waze forums and see what they say? :)
bazgrant
Send a message