How to deal with " Except local traffic " in WME ?

Post by cedmorette
Waze is guiding traffic through streets that are mentioned for only local traffic (=people who live there ) ( bord met verwijzing Uitgezonderd plaatselijk verkeer ).
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... s=88301550
As in this example waze is guiding you in a very small street with a dangerous ( limited view) crossroad ahead ( platijn-heedstraat ). This traffic is annoying for the people living there( No side walk, no space to pull aside to let cross-traffic through) and a very dangerous access on a crossroad with right priority and no visual clearance.
The logical way is just 200m ahead, main access to the heedstraat.
This section of the platijn is labeled " Private Road " but with no restrictions. Should we just add restrictions all day long in both directions as on this road : https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... =247215654.
Well seems somebody is having the same issue. gertbroos(3) just deleted the restrictions on this road yesterday. It was labeled " restricted all day, both directions" But it still " is private road". Why are those streets not just labeled " street" ( both are concrete or tarmac streets ) Why does waze guide you through Private Roads ?
What should we do ? Platijn is locked >L3.
Maybe a lot of questions but I didn't find anything on the issue.
Greetings Cédric
cedmorette

POSTER_ID:9638340

Send a message

Post by cedmorette
Thanks Wim
Waze guided me here when I starded using waze ( 3 years from now). As I live nearby I do not use guidance any more over there. My mistake, seeing a lot of people driving into this road I was looking for a way of restricting this access. I did not understand the "private road " meaning in waze. I missed this in the manual. Checked the editing manual again and I understand it better now. No restrictions needed indeed.
Thanks a lot for the clarifications.
Cedric
cedmorette
Send a message

Post by wimvandierendonck
Some statements.
  • Waze shouldn't route through a road marked as private.
  • Except when you are navigating to a destination on the road.
  • Closures are unnecessary.
  • Roads are marked Private because of the 'Uitgezonderd plaatselijk verkeer' sign.
Do you know from experience that Waze guides you through Plantijn? Would you like to share your source and destination.

You can also contact me on benelux Slack.
wimvandierendonck
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message