Correct Restrictions on Mountpleasant Ave Lwr?  Topic is solved

Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Moderators: Unholy, davidg666, arthurohara

Correct Restrictions on Mountpleasant Ave Lwr?

Postby world_qf2vjzil » Thu May 23, 2019 7:37 am

Just noticed morning traffic restrictions on these segments:
https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon ... ,375536326
Unfortunately I split the segment yesterday when adding a new development which wasn't there (Rhodaville place) - and this has nuked the history so I can't see when they were added.

Is there actually a new restriction there? Seems suspicious to me.
world_qf2vjzil

Re: Correct Restrictions on Mountpleasant Ave Lwr?

Postby davidg666 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:33 am

world_qf2vjzil wrote:Just noticed morning traffic restrictions on these segments:
https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon ... ,375536326
Unfortunately I split the segment yesterday when adding a new development which wasn't there (Rhodaville place) - and this has nuked the history so I can't see when they were added.

Is there actually a new restriction there? Seems suspicious to me.

Yes - there were temporary restrictions for a while and I think it's now been made permanent. It might even be one-way now - I'm not 100% of the details.

There should be a map comment here to explain (because street view will be out of date). Yanis has been tracking this - I'll ask him to put a map comment here and reply to this thread.

++David \ davidg666
Country manager and local champ for Ireland
AM for Dublin, Wicklow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Graiguenamanagh and Enniscorthy

[ img ]
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby YanisKyr » Thu May 23, 2019 8:55 am

Hi guys, this is the only affected segment and there is a comment with the details over it. The conversion to one-way automatically covers the turn restrictions that Dublin City mentions on their report.
https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon ... =164007871

The segments in Doug's permalink had driving restrictions since a long time ago and I left them in place for the time I was tracking the scheme. History is gone now because the segment was split though.

All that being said though, I think the driving restriction might not be applicable any more, so I think we should remove it.
YanisKyr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby world_qf2vjzil » Thu May 23, 2019 6:28 pm

I walked this area this morning and this evening and can find no signage indicating time-based restrictions for any traffic in any direction on Mountpleasant Ave Lwr.

Therefore I also believe they should be removed.

Note that it can be a bit of a mess there in the morning - but I checked out the alternative routing options Waze gives for the restricted times - and I think they would all be worse than routing via Mountpleasant Ave Lwr.
world_qf2vjzil

Postby davidg666 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:25 am

world_qf2vjzil wrote:I walked this area this morning and this evening and can find no signage indicating time-based restrictions for any traffic in any direction on Mountpleasant Ave Lwr.

Therefore I also believe they should be removed.

What about the right turn heading north on Mountpleasant Ave Lwr onto Bannaville?

https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon ... =375536327

This sign is visible in Street View, which was last updated in July of last year:

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3284339, ... 384!8i8192

So maybe the road itself can have time-based restrictions removed, but is the right turn restriction still there?

++David
Country manager and local champ for Ireland
AM for Dublin, Wicklow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Graiguenamanagh and Enniscorthy

[ img ]
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby world_qf2vjzil » Sat May 25, 2019 1:59 pm

I just checked and the 07:00-10:00 Mon-Sat No Right Turn sign for Northbound traffic is still there.
There is no corresponding No Left Turn sign for Southbound traffic - and there is no sign on the Bannaville entrance with any kind of time restriction - so it does indeed just appear to be a Northbound restriction.

Once again - I looked carefully and couldn't find any other time-based road-restriction signs.

I don't suppose the council have anywhere convenient we can look this up?
world_qf2vjzil

Re: Correct Restrictions on Mountpleasant Ave Lwr?  Topic is solved

Postby YanisKyr » Sat May 25, 2019 3:00 pm

world_qf2vjzil wrote:I just checked and the 07:00-10:00 Mon-Sat No Right Turn sign for Northbound traffic is still there.
There is no corresponding No Left Turn sign for Southbound traffic - and there is no sign on the Bannaville entrance with any kind of time restriction - so it does indeed just appear to be a Northbound restriction.

Once again - I looked carefully and couldn't find any other time-based road-restriction signs.

Thanks for taking the time to investigate the area, I've removed the driving restriction from Mountpleasant Ave Lwr, and I see the turn restriction on to Bannaville is already in place (Mon-Sat 0700-1000).

world_qf2vjzil wrote:I don't suppose the council have anywhere convenient we can look this up?

Not really, but we have a contact that sometimes gives us updates. But in this case I don't think we need to reach out since you've surveyed the area and our map will comply with reality.
YanisKyr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Return to Ireland Editor Requests