Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

L2→L1 Unlock: R494 to local road

Post by rossjamccarthy
Hi folks

Could I get R494 reduced to L1 so I can connect to add a missing road I've just added, based on my own track.

https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon ... 079&zoom=5

Thanks
Ross
rossjamccarthy

POSTER_ID:17603591

Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hi Ross,
rossjamccarthy wrote:Could I get R494 reduced to L1 so I can connect to add a missing road I've just added, based on my own track.

https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon ... 079&zoom=5
Lock removed. Please let us know when you're finished so we can return R474 to L2 (we lock all R-roads at L2).

Don't forget to name your new roads... (although I admit most people are guilty of creating roads without naming them (but do intend to come back and name them later) - myself included...)

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by davidg666
Hi Ross,
rossjamccarthy wrote:I have update the junction.
Thanks - I've raised the lock level on the R- road back to L2.
rossjamccarthy wrote:On the street name the address (from Eircode) is:

Derrybeg,
Ballina
Co.Tipperary

I am unable to update the road name as I'm being told it is too far from Ballina and too far from Derrybeg when I attempt to use either as the City Name.
Even though the postal address has "Ballina" in it, the road isn't within the town of Ballina at all (or inside of any town) - so the segment should be marked as having an empty city name. I've just added the road name to your segment for you anyway.

The reason that road segments that aren't inside towns/villages/cities should have no city name is that the names of segments define where the city is, from Waze's point of view. It's easy to end up with a town/city that looks absolutely massive on the Waze map if there are lots of segments near (but not in) the town that have its name - so we should only set the city name on segments that are definitely inside the town.

We generally pick the edge of a town/village as being the point on the road where the town name is first shown. If it's not shown, then we usually choose the point that the speed limit drops to 50km/h, assuming the limit is higher outside the town.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by rossjamccarthy
I have update the junction.

On the street name the address (from Eircode) is:

Derrybeg,
Ballina
Co.Tipperary

I am unable to update the road name as I'm being told it is too far from Ballina and too far from Derrybeg when I attempt to use either as the City Name.
rossjamccarthy
Send a message

Post by rossjamccarthy
Excellent, thanks for clarifying
rossjamccarthy
Send a message