Approval queue for Kerry  Topic is solved

Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Moderators: Unholy, arthurohara, davidg666

Re: Approval queue for Kerry  Topic is solved

Postby davidg666 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Hi Oblicorn,
Oblicorn wrote:I made some edits to the coastline (Atlantic Ocean) in Kerry as the sea was overlapping the land on the map view. The updates are queued for approval by level 5 or higher. My updates were on March 29th. I also noticed that previous updates to the same place are waiting approval since July and October 2015.

Here's the permalink: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ueFilter=0

What's the process for getting approvals through if they're not being picked up automatically?

We only have two active L5 editors in Ireland, both based in Leinster, so some approvals can be a bit slow. Sorry about that. I'll have a look around Kerry later this weekend though and put the edits through.

The good news is that after you've made enough place edits that have been approved, all future edits like this get approved automatically. I'm not sure how many you need before the automatic approval kicks in (although it's probably mentioned on the wiki somewhere) but I don't think it's that many.

If your edits don't get approved in the next couple of days, send me a reminder...

++David \ davidg666
Country manager and local champ for Ireland
AM for Dublin, Wicklow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Graiguenamanagh and Enniscorthy

[ img ]
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: Approval queue for Kerry

Postby davidg666 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Oblicorn wrote:Thanks for that David - those are approved now. Now that I know it works, I've put through a couple more updates to that same area as it was still incorrect. No rush for approval!

I've approved two more by you - did I get them all?

For these sea places, it's very easy to miss the update, because the sea places are so big it's impossible to fit them all on your screen at once.

++David
Country manager and local champ for Ireland
AM for Dublin, Wicklow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Graiguenamanagh and Enniscorthy

[ img ]
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Approval queue for Kerry

Postby Oblicorn » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi there,

I made some edits to the coastline (Atlantic Ocean) in Kerry as the sea was overlapping the land on the map view. The updates are queued for approval by level 5 or higher. My updates were on March 29th. I also noticed that previous updates to the same place are waiting approval since July and October 2015.

What's the process for getting approvals through if they're not being picked up automatically?

Thanks!
Oblicorn

Postby Oblicorn » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:38 pm

davidg666 wrote:Hi Oblicorn,
Oblicorn wrote:I made some edits to the coastline (Atlantic Ocean) in Kerry as the sea was overlapping the land on the map view. The updates are queued for approval by level 5 or higher. My updates were on March 29th. I also noticed that previous updates to the same place are waiting approval since July and October 2015.

We only have two active L5 editors in Ireland, both based in Leinster, so some approvals can be a bit slow. Sorry about that. I'll have a look around Kerry later this weekend though and put the edits through.

The good news is that after you've made enough place edits that have been approved, all future edits like this get approved automatically. I'm not sure how many you need before the automatic approval kicks in (although it's probably mentioned on the wiki somewhere) but I don't think it's that many.

If your edits don't get approved in the next couple of days, send me a reminder...

++David \ davidg666

Thanks for that David - those are approved now. Now that I know it works, I've put through a couple more updates to that same area as it was still incorrect. No rush for approval!
Oblicorn

Postby Oblicorn » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:30 am

All approved now - thanks!
Oblicorn

Return to Ireland Editor Requests