L5 Update: M50 S J6 ramp  Topic is solved

Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Moderators: Unholy, davidg666, arthurohara

Re: L5 Update: M50 S J6 ramp

Postby davidg666 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi Yanis,
YanisKyr wrote:Hi guys, I believe the ramp connection should be moved a good few hundred meters earlier. The actual 4th lane/exit lane is ongoing from J5 therefore also beneficial for drivers to choose the correct lane early. However the main reason is that the app waits until the "exit left", to give the next crucial direction (keep right/left) which comes at this point http://bit.ly/2aHabEK - only 100m before the actual split.

If it wasn't for the timing of the next instruction, I'd say that the positioning of the ramp instruction is OK, although the M50 junctions are a bit odd in that there's a continuous lane joining all entry and exit tamps.

Anyway, I don't see much harm in moving the ramp connection back a bit. I'm not sure about moving it a few hundred metres though maybe 100m or 200m at most.

I've lowered the locks around here (and on many other parts of the M50) to L3.

++David \ davidg666
Country manager and local champ for Ireland
AM for Dublin, Wicklow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Graiguenamanagh and Enniscorthy

[ img ]
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

L5 Update: M50 S J6 ramp  Topic is solved

Postby YanisKyr » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:13 am

Hi guys, I believe the ramp connection should be moved a good few hundred meters earlier. The actual 4th lane/exit lane is ongoing from J5 therefore also beneficial for drivers to choose the correct lane early. However the main reason is that the app waits until the "exit left", to give the next crucial direction (keep right/left) which comes at this point http://bit.ly/2aHabEK - only 100m before the actual split.
YanisKyr

Re: L5 Update: M50 S J6 ramp

Postby YanisKyr » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:59 pm

Good stuff, thanks David. I'll make the change now, and see how it works out. Using that junction often lately :)
YanisKyr

Return to Ireland Editor Requests