L2 request - Co. Limerick  Topic is solved

Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Moderators: Unholy, davidg666, arthurohara

Re: L2 request - Co. Limerick  Topic is solved

Postby davidg666 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:40 am

Hi Kevin,
[quote="Kevintiobraid"]Hi, this one is just outside my area but I noticed the odd town name on the map.
This segment has been added by a new user, it needs some tidying up and the city name deleted:

https://www.waze.com/en-GB/editor?env=row&lon=-8.41080&lat=52.36696&s=1732116479&zoom=3&segments=376925916

It might be worth having a look at some other edits by this editor, might need some corrections..../quote]
Thanks for pointing this out.

I've removed the city name from the segment (it was just on one segment). Since that was the only segment with that name, the "city" should disappear. The segment wasn't connected to the existing road either, so I've connected it and renamed (it didn't need "entrance" in the name).

It wouldn't be right to discuss another editor in a public forum, but, well, keep an eye out.

That said, I'm sending a welcome message to this editor - I try do that whenever I see edits by somebody new, to make them feel welcome and to point out the resources we have for editors (forum, wazeopedia, hangouts, etc).

++David
Country manager and local champ for Ireland
AM for Dublin, Wicklow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Graiguenamanagh and Enniscorthy

[ img ]
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: L2 request - Co. Limerick

Postby davidg666 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:29 pm

YanisKyr wrote:
davidg666 wrote:I've removed the city name from the segment (it was just on one segment). Since that was the only segment with that name, the "city" should disappear. The segment wasn't connected to the existing road either, so I've connected it and renamed (it didn't need "entrance" in the name).

It will most probably stay on the map. "Portrane-Dublin" was the one I was stuck with for a while - nowhere in WME (not on a segment as primary/alternative, not on a place), and I had to request a merge with HQ. Now it's gone eventually. I have a task on my to-do to merge/delete cities that shouldn't exist.

Has something changed recently(ish)? Cities used to disappear after a while once there were no segments or places that had their name.

YanisKyr wrote:Btw, I spoke with Captain Underpants about some corrections about a month ago, what an awesome username :D

I sent him a welcome message this morning and the first thing I remarked on was that he had a cool username :)

++David
Country manager and local champ for Ireland
AM for Dublin, Wicklow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Graiguenamanagh and Enniscorthy

[ img ]
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

L2 request - Co. Limerick

Postby Kevintiobraid » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:20 pm

Hi, this one is just outside my area but I noticed the odd town name on the map.
This segment has been added by a new user, it needs some tidying up and the city name deleted:

https://www.waze.com/en-GB/editor?env=row&lon=-8.41080&lat=52.36696&s=1732116479&zoom=3&segments=376925916

It might be worth having a look at some other edits by this editor, might need some corrections....

Thanks!
Kevin
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
AM for South Tipperary, Waterford, South Kilkenny, Derby, Nottingham, Lincoln
Pixel XL
Kevintiobraid
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: L2 request - Co. Limerick

Postby YanisKyr » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:03 am

davidg666 wrote:I've removed the city name from the segment (it was just on one segment). Since that was the only segment with that name, the "city" should disappear. The segment wasn't connected to the existing road either, so I've connected it and renamed (it didn't need "entrance" in the name).

It will most probably stay on the map. "Portrane-Dublin" was the one I was stuck with for a while - nowhere in WME (not on a segment as primary/alternative, not on a place), and I had to request a merge with HQ. Now it's gone eventually. I have a task on my to-do to merge/delete cities that shouldn't exist.

Btw, I spoke with Captain Underpants about some corrections about a month ago, what an awesome username :D
YanisKyr

Return to Ireland Editor Requests