Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Any specifics got you confused? Go ahead and let us deal with the puzzling!

Level 2 Editor

Post by neildevera1
Is there any chance how to become a level 2 editor without completing the 1000 map edits? Because I can't barely edit the map because of the restrictions. :ugeek:
neildevera1

POSTER_ID:17033716

Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
The dashboard is updated no more than once per day; you can check when it was last updated by looking at the text under the server (USA & Canada/World) and Metric/Imperial drop downs. You do get points for adding places, but only once they are approved, so make sure you are following the guidelines.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by dfw_gis
Always keep in mind quality over quantity when it comes to Waze Map Editing. You can get an excellent start by helping with place locations by validating their locations and information. You'll get there before you know it. Keep working with senior editors to learn the correct methods. Another good source for newcomers was listed below but here is the link again - viewtopic.php?f=8&p=872058#p872058

Waze editor levels take a little time, tutoring, and work to accomplish but this is the right way to help make this an excellent application for all Wazers.
dfw_gis
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by hebermc
Two ways:
1) Drive around more to get a bigger editing area
2) Take part in map raids
hebermc
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by ivolanski
1000 editions is hard with so much restrictions, I would like to help more.
ivolanski
Send a message

Post by JFeather60
taco909 wrote:
Mkonci wrote:Do I get point also when I mark post office, hospital, backery....?
Please keep in mind that of these three, only the post office and hospital should be "area" places. The bakery would be a point. <snip>
The national standard identifies Post Office as a point place. Some states, like Texas, do use an area place for PO, so be mindful of state guidelines.
JFeather60
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
Either you live in an area with extremely active editors or you just don't know what to look for yet. there is a lot to learn to edit properly in Waze which is the reason for the rank increase thresholds.

Provide a permalink of your area if you like and we can help point some things out that need editing or keep driving and open up additional areas for editing.

Sent from my iPhone6 using Tapatalk
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by Mkonci
Hi,

how long does it take that system will update Editing & Community Stats, my map edits. I started editing today and already add alot of missing roads, but when I look to my settings and Editing & Community Stats there is still 0.
Do I get point also when I mark post office, hospital, backery....?
Mkonci
Send a message

Post by Mkonci
Thanks, it updated after 24 hours, now I have 256 edits and counting :)
Mkonci
Send a message

Post by SCP1906
if you need to make certain adjustments to locked streets/segments, you may request unlocks here:
viewtopic.php?t=46319
plus you can always provide place updates that rather rarely have to be approved by higher level editors

1000 edits does not require a lot of time spending and gets you familiar with the rules and best practices!
SCP1906
Send a message