Any specifics got you confused? Go ahead and let us deal with the puzzling!

[Question] Requirements for Self-managed Countries

Post by tserBK
Hi all,

This is a grate place to ask questions, as I have quite some doubts in the course of editing maps.

Here is one question:
What are the requirements and procedures for a country to obtain "self-managed" status?

Thank you all!
tserBK
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:17108844

Send a message
SG, MY, VN, CN | Wiki User:TserBK

Post by Nomenclator1677
tserBK wrote:Thank you vince1612 for your swift response!
I have tried my best to search the forum and wiki but there is nothing clearly stated.

So from your answer, I assume this is based on the mature level of the country's readiness, e.g. having dedicated sub-forum, wiki pages, willing team of editors to manage the country's matters, etc.

Thanks again!
In Morocco, there is only a few editors. But at the beginning 27 months ago, when we had had a forum, then we asked to enhance the self management. Since then, we are in self-management ;) .

At the beginning we didn't have any wiki rules and keep the french wiki as wiki references. But, since then, we adopted some specific rules to stick to the country.

But you need to work every day to keep the local community growing.

So, if you want to be in self management, you should ask the community manager.

For what country, did you ask ?
Nomenclator1677
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
AM Massif des Bauges / Bout du Lac d'Annecy
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png
“« ”Emmanuel Macron : Une révolution ne s’invite pas, c’est le peuple qui la décide” Beyrouth - août 2020»

La démocratie, c’est deux loups et un agneau qui votent sur ce qu’ils vont manger à midi.

La liberté, c’est un agneau bien armé qui conteste le vote ! »
Benjamin Franklin

Post by SkiDooGuy
You don't necessarily need dedicated forums and Wiki, although generally those things are associated with a mature community and self-management.

Self-management is a process undertaken when the country or community has grown and the senior leaders are ready to take management over the AM and promotion process.

This means that the editors need to be knowledgeable in all aspects of Waze and be actively building their community.

I also have never seen a list of requirements for self management, and would suggest if you are interested in obtaining it; that you get together with the senior members of your community and email your CM (Community Manager - Waze Staff) about what they would need for you to undertake self-management.
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png

Post by SpeedDzel
and if i may add my 2 cents,

one ingredient of progressive SEA (South East Asia) communities have is the ability to meet and constantly be in touch (physically) thru frequent meet-ups with the corps of editors.
And NOT just being in touch online... without faces to the names.
The camaraderie that develops is what keeps the community more cohesive.
It would be hard for a community to thrive if it's leaders just guide the flock from afar or distant shores.

Cheers! ;)
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
proud member of TEAM APAC! (formerly S.E.A.)

Pinoy wazers... join the Pinoy waze community on Facebook

Post by tserBK
Thank you vince1612 for your swift response!
I have tried my best to search the forum and wiki but there is nothing clearly stated.

So from your answer, I assume this is based on the mature level of the country's readiness, e.g. having dedicated sub-forum, wiki pages, willing team of editors to manage the country's matters, etc.

Thanks again!
tserBK
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
SG, MY, VN, CN | Wiki User:TserBK

Post by vince1612
Simply put, it needs a community of editors and people to be leaders in that community, all the details of how you do things, forums, wiki, etc.. can then be decided by the community leaders with Waze through their Community Manager.

I have never heard there was an exact list of requirements, so this is mostly how I would reply to this question.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png