Any specifics got you confused? Go ahead and let us deal with the puzzling!

Correlation between driver levels and closure duration?

Post by WazingArch
I get feedback from drivers (Rank 2 editor, Waze King) that they cannot close roads for more than 24 hours on the app although there is an option "Several days" and "Long-term" when applying closure. Is there any correlation between drivers levels and duration of their closures and what is it?
WazingArch
Coordinators
Coordinators

POSTER_ID:7544261

Send a message
Last edited by WazingArch on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Coordinator BG • Global Champ • CM Manager BG • Translator
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Уики България | Best map editing practice

Post by juliansean
I'm a Level 4 and can't get the app to close a road for more than 10 minutes. I have to get home and reclose the road using WME. So must be Level 5 or higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
rmeatc_2 wrote:My only issue is that I can close the same road from WME so it doesnt make sense that I need a second person to do it from the app.
I agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by karlcr9911
Duration and level have no correlation. If you choose several days, it'll close it for several days (speaking for the NA server), once the closure becomes active. However, it does take multiple Wazers to submit the same closure to close a road. The higher weight the road carries, the more closure submissions from the app needed. Or, any rank 5 editor or higher can immediately close a road from the app

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
It takes more than 2 in almost all instances. Yes, here in the US, you can close roads based on your rank but that isn't the case everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by rmeatc_2
My understanding is that a second person must also submit a closure for it unless you are an L5. Not sure I agree with that logic since editors can stop and close the same road in WME.
rmeatc_2
Send a message

Post by rmeatc_2
I should have said rank 5 editor instead of L5. I meant everyone but a rank 5 editor must have a second person come along and submit a report to close a road. My only issue is that I can close the same road from WME so it doesnt make sense that I need a second person to do it from the app.
rmeatc_2
Send a message

Post by rmeatc_2
Reckon I need to make sure I remember that there is a world outside Texas. I appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately, I didnt even consider the difference in rules across the board.
rmeatc_2
Send a message