Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Any specifics got you confused? Go ahead and let us deal with the puzzling!

Unnecessary Double Road - Merge or Delete?

Post by ben555ben
I found these 3 segments of Skyline Rd, Selwyn, Ontario, Canada.

They are both two-way segments and run in parallel to each other while in reality there should only be one two-way segment.

I tried to un-divide the road by merging the junctions as described in the Best Map Editing Practices for un-dividing two one-way roads but that seemed incorrect and just put the segments on top of each other.

Should I just delete one of the segments?
ben555ben
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:17507075

Send a message

Post by ben555ben
There have been a few tile updates in NA, the road is still divided...
ben555ben
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Nomenclator1677
ben555ben wrote:I found these 3 segments of Skyline Rd, Selwyn, Ontario, Canada.

They are both two-way segments and run in parallel to each other while in reality there should only be one two-way segment.

I tried to un-divide the road by merging the junctions as described in the Best Map Editing Practices for un-dividing two one-way roads but that seemed incorrect and just put the segments on top of each other.

Should I just delete one of the segments?
Don't touch anything until the tile is updated. It's a bug ;) : Waze is aware of it

Thanks
Nomenclator1677
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
AM Massif des Bauges / Bout du Lac d'Annecy
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png
“« ”Emmanuel Macron : Une révolution ne s’invite pas, c’est le peuple qui la décide” Beyrouth - août 2020»

La démocratie, c’est deux loups et un agneau qui votent sur ce qu’ils vont manger à midi.

La liberté, c’est un agneau bien armé qui conteste le vote ! »
Benjamin Franklin

Post by Nomenclator1677
ben555ben wrote:There have been a few tile updates in NA, the road is still divided...
Report them to your SM ;)
Nomenclator1677
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
AM Massif des Bauges / Bout du Lac d'Annecy
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png
“« ”Emmanuel Macron : Une révolution ne s’invite pas, c’est le peuple qui la décide” Beyrouth - août 2020»

La démocratie, c’est deux loups et un agneau qui votent sur ce qu’ils vont manger à midi.

La liberté, c’est un agneau bien armé qui conteste le vote ! »
Benjamin Franklin