If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Civic area turned off red light cameras

Post by DMcBlessed
So, Columbus, OHIO passed legislation that turned off all red light cameras. They are all hooded, but still there.
Does Waze have the ability to "remove" these cameras, but still have them available to "put back" if this legislation is removed?

In other words: Please "deactivate" the red - light camera in an area, but allow reactivation later without deleting and re-adding all the cameras.
DMcBlessed

POSTER_ID:17009205

Send a message

Post by CBenson
You may also want to look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=261&t=153986
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by DMcBlessed
Thanks CBenson, I searched for this thread but could not find it. Thanks for the link. Looks like there is no easy answer at this time.
DMcBlessed
Send a message

Post by jemay
Reminder: Any non-approved camers that do not get approved will be auto removed in about 30+ days by the system.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by vince1612
If you use the "Not there" function in the app it will render them inactive. They would then need to be re-activated later by an Area Manager to be visible in the app again.

Note that there needs to be several people (at least equal to the level number of the editor who validated the camera) clicking "Not there" in the app before they disappear.

A red light camera validated by a level 3 = at least 3 different Wazers need to click "Not there". Level 4, 4 wazers, etc...
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png