Live Map Website Feedback: Navigation hidden

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Live Map Website Feedback: Navigation hidden

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon May 19, 2014 10:18 pm

I agree about this. It is quite confusing.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 8.2 | Waze v3.9.4
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Live Map Website Feedback: Navigation hidden

Postby christianTF » Wed May 14, 2014 6:37 am

Since today (Austria), on the Live Map on the website, the selection of "Search" and "Navigate" disappeared. Instead only a search bar is visible.

As I found out, to calculate a route, you have to enter an address. After that, a second line is shown to enter a destination. This is very un-intuitive and time consuming.

Before, I saw both lines and could enter origin and destination in one step.
Now, I have to enter the origin (!) first, wait for the lookup, then enter the destination, wait for the lookup, and then can calculate the route.

This is the kind of disimprovements, and useless playing hide and seek for functionality on a website we know from Google (and Windows 8).
It's un-intuitive for a user to seek every corner for a feature that may be somewhere (or not).

Please undo this useless change.

Regards, Christian
christianTF

Re: Live Map Website Feedback: Navigation hidden

Postby tonestertm » Fri May 23, 2014 7:16 pm

Not only that, but the initial search result goes automatically into the Origin box, rather than the Destination box, with no option to flip the boxes until the second one is filled. How many people start a search by looking for where they're starting from (or am I just weird)?
US Country Manager
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!
tonestertm
Country Manager
Country Manager

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests