Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Some feature requests on reports

Post by EmperorKO
Hey folks. Ran a quick forum search before I posted and didn't see any true discussions of these. Some things I'd like to see improved in Reports:

1. "Both lanes" option. More often than not, when reporting something like police locations, they can cover both lanes of traffic in their speed traps. I'd hate to see someone get pinched by a cop because the alert only notifies people in one direction. Same thing with construction zones - most often covering both lanes.

2. I didn't see an option to report disabled vehicles IN THE ROAD. I've reported countless cars stopped on shoulders, but twice in the past week I had to fudge a way to report a disabled vehicle in the middle of the driving lane itself.

3. Please add the ability to report things that are not directly in your line of travel. Perhaps a long-tap on the screen at a specific location could give the option to submit a report? There have been a few times where a major hazard has been off on a side road, or I was not able to report it anywhere near the true location. I know that the report function saves the location at the time the button is pressed, but sometimes not even that is practical when driving (i.e. on interstates traveling at 70 mph).
EmperorKO

POSTER_ID:1792163

Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
1 and 3 have been discussed and requested many times. Have a look at the waze uservoice sites.

2 I agree with. Add it to uservoice and post the url here so others can vote!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status