Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Post Latest Status Update at Top of Dashboard

Post by jondrush
Based on the number of questions here, it seems like most users do not know of the Status blog. Could you post the title of the latest status update at the top of the dashboard page and link it to the status page so more folks could see the problems and become aware of the page?
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:13337

Send a message

Post by fvwazing
...or whereever. Ever since the introduction of the support.waze.com-page, it was NEVER published or linked on ANY official waze.page, only mentioned by users here in the forum. It is as if status.waze.com is waze's dirty little secret. Even better would be a reference in the client, I think 95% of the users never make it to waze.com, anyway.

So... why not just add it to the status-dialog in the client where you see the status of the networkconnection and the GPS? (the one with the globe and the satelite-icons) This also might push awareness at the WazeHQ so they might use it more often - now we see statusses too little, too late and often they never get updated when the problem is solved. And hey, while we are at it: publish the last date of update of the points and the mapdata there as well. After "my points do not get updated" the second worst annoyance seems to be "my changes do not show up on the map".
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by gettingthere
Great! Hopefully this will cut down on the new forum posts on this issue.

But of course most people are probably looking at the scoreboard from their Waze smartphone app vs. in their web browser.

Could the following changes could be made to the App Scoreboard?

* Remove 'Updated every 24 hours' and replace with 'Last Updated xx/yy/zz'
* Post the same 'Missing points or routes? please check our status page' with a link to the status page that opens in the Smartphone browser or specifically be able to push a status message directly to the App Scoreboard that status that the Scoreboard is not updating and that the problem is being worked on.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by jondrush
Awesome, guess what appeared in the middle of my dashboard today?
Missing points or routes? please check our status page
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
Or on the support page.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by RickW-NC
I put this in uservoice a while back when I first noticed they were on Twitter (and I got frustrated). The status page came out shortly after but if you like it, please vote for it. Thanks.

http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59225- ... oreboard-i
RickW-NC
Send a message
Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 Waze 3.1.0.0 (Crown, AM)

Post by Seasider
My dashboard was up to date (ish) as if this morning although apparently I've only gained 360 points since the 15th, despite having done at least 150 edits and driving at least 500 of your miles. At a guess I should have got about 2650 points. But at least something it's happening on the dashboard.
Routes are still a couple of days out, but that's not unusual
Seasider
Send a message
Seasider

Sometimes, the light at the end of the tunnel, is just a train coming the other way!!!

Client - Samsung Galaxy S3 - Jellybean
AM - Lancs UK (most of)
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Seasider1972
Emyther - waze.map.update.lancs@gmail.com

Post by xbassman
I definitely agree with everyone here....

It's probably time to push a status update when the waze app is opened.
At this point the www server is @ 11 days since it's last points update and I am @ 7 days since any routes have been analyzed.
xbassman
Send a message
Area Mgr. - Tulsa, OK