If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Please allow toggle for individual alerts

Post by twesterm
I love the Waze app and I use it daily, but I have some very large annoyances with it. I let the app play through my car speakers and turn turn-by-turn navigation off and leave alerts on. I do this because I want to know about accidents, traffic, and police. What I don't want to know about are red light cameras, cars on the side of the road, and weather. I could not care less about any of those things.

Can we *please* have an advanced mode that lets us toggle individual alerts?
  • Red Light Camera - I have absolutely zero intention of running red lights and knowing that there's a red light camera there doesn't change anything. Furthermore, I get the same warning every time I drive that route. Having this warning is pointless for me and it only frustrates me.
  • Weather - I don't know about other regions, but where I live, North Texas, the weather is never a surprise. I've never received a rain alert and have been surprised. I do not care if there's rain, fog, snow, whatever ahead. I already know. Just this morning I received an alert at least every half mile about rain or fog. I do not care.
  • Car on the Side of the Road - I just don't care and everyone I talk to that has ever used this app doesn't care either. If nobody cares about this, why do we have to leave it on?
  • Route Update - This one doesn't have an alert unless I have turn-by-turn on and I would love an alert for this one on by default. I drive with alerts only on and when my route gets changed because of traffic, construction, or whatever I often find out too late because I had no idea Waze updated my route. I would love to be able to turn on notifications for when my route gets updated.
Waze is a really good app, but it's frustrating right now because of simple little things. It was be infinitely better if I just had more control over what alerts get played. As it stands right now, simply being able to turn on turn-by-turn, alerts only, or all off is simply unacceptable. I would not be surprised if this has been suggested before (or even time and time again), but that should probably be an indication that people actually want this feature.
twesterm

POSTER_ID:4699323

Send a message