Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

map editing after little test

Post by jizza
hi everyone,

due to the fact that i'm a superuser on foursquare i like their idea of how to become a superuser and this would be a good test how people get the rights to edit the map or how to become an area manager. they have some simple guidelines that you should know. before becoming a superuser you have to answer some questions on how to edit data, that are defined by the guidelines. if you answer it wrong you have to read the guidelines again until you find the solution.

maybe waze could create a tutorial on map editing and users have to answer a few important questions (e.g. how to create a junction, how to connect roads) before they can edit the map or they become area manager. this would help users how to work with cartouche and waze would get better data by their users.

what do you think?
jizza

POSTER_ID:948525

Send a message
area manager: western vienna
wazing with sony ericsson xperia arc & bmw e91 318d lci

Post by jasonm128
Sounds good to me. I would use the written test plus require a modest number of edits (maybe a couple thousand) just to make sure they've really tried editing. I'll bet the majority of casual editors will never make it beyond several hundred edits before they get bored. If you've made it to a couple thousand, you probably like it and are more likely to stick with it.
jasonm128
Send a message
Area Manager : NW Suburbs of Boston, MA
HTC Droid DNA - Android 4.4.2 - Verizon
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png