If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Thoughts and Suggestions

Post by Jake77M
1) Zoom level - when I e.g. list or add events (trafic, accidents, police, ...) and get back to map I always get to some "basic" zoom level despite I had it zoomed to max detail (Auto zoom switched off in settings)
2) Auto destination lost - In previous versions waze remembers my morning way to work and afternoon back home ... does it exist anymore? (Auto-learn routes to your frequent destinations switched on in settings)
3) Automatic traffic jam - when I stop e.g. in a shop, waze asks if I'm still moving or not but anytime it counts the speed even if NO is pressed. Afterwards I cannot delete it (not working)
4) Last status - is it possible (sure it is) to add last status when pointing on some road? For example: Last wazer: XXX Passed: Today at 14:06 Speed: 72km/h This would help deciding to go without worry if I see someone drove 10 minutes ago w/o problems.
5) Setting Home/Work - only address available, pointing on map would be better
6) Adding events - currently I can not add an event elsewhere but when I see on paralel road an accident I should have an option to report it

Despite the list above I'm quite sattisfied with waze, especialy event reporting is very helpful within the community.
Jake77M

POSTER_ID:882301

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
AndreasHV wrote:What about add an option to report gas price?

1. Add Gas Station
2. Add prices on different fuels on that station
Fuelly has been recently suggested in a different thread. The Client Uservoice is the official location to post requests and vote.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndreasHV
What about add an option to report gas price?

1. Add Gas Station
2. Add prices on different fuels on that station
AndreasHV
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
1) Known bug, will be fixed in future version.
2) It's still there, have to admit its accuracy seems to have waned for me recently.
3) Lots of discussion on this on the forums already.
4) Not entirely sure I see much benefit in this.
5) Already there. Locate the position and hold your finger for a couple of seconds, a pushing should drop with a few options!

6) Raised several times. Not currently possible to prevent spamming of the map!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by gerben
2) This is one of the functions that was (is?) affected by the Amazon outage that brought down the World serverpark.
gerben
Send a message
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img][img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///Y17fx[/img]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/35/luiconring.png

Post by gettingthere
Jake77M wrote:3) Automatic traffic jam - when I stop e.g. in a shop, waze asks if I'm still moving or not but anytime it counts the speed even if NO is pressed. Afterwards I cannot delete it (not working)
Are you saying that you get a prompt that asks "are you in traffic" and you click: NO ? And the traffic jam you are referring to being reported is the road segment that Waze thinks that you are on turns orange or read and has a pin with a road speed listed?

If so, the 'are you in traffic' response of no is not working as it is supposed to...
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
petervdveen wrote:Indeed. The 'no' never worked.
I also noticed one time that the pop-up showed up and at the same moment the street turned orange.. ;)

Also I think clicking 'No' does the same thing as clicking 'Close'.
So it's possible one of two things is going on:

* clicking 'no' - does not stop the passive/automated traffic report and the feature does not work as specified. This would be contrary to what krankyd has posted @ Waze Uservoice as detailed in a post above.
* clicking 'no' does stop the passive/automated traffic report that you are being prompted to confirm. But another automated traffic report did not prompt for confirmation and did get automatically reported to Waze as a traffic event with the speed data. So basically a different event that you are be asked to confirm.

I do not believe 'No' and 'Close' are intended to do the same thing. But I have no definitive proof.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by petervdveen
Indeed. The 'no' never worked.
I also noticed one time that the pop-up showed up and at the same moment the street turned orange.. ;)

Also I think clicking 'No' does the same thing as clicking 'Close'.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by RickW-NC
Gasbuddy does that. From I read fuelly only keeps your milage logs. Gas buddy can do that too
but only on the web.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RickW-NC
Send a message
Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 Waze 3.1.0.0 (Crown, AM)