If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

waze app

Post by tom_sapo
i have a question
i use waze with roqybluetooth and an external gps and all works, but i have to keep the screen on. so, can i switch the screen off, or wouldn't waze track me? have i also to keep the screen on when i'm using internal gps as well?
tom_sapo

POSTER_ID:41533

Send a message

Post by Lemon
What phone do you use?
Lemon
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager

Post by Lemon
I've had mixed results. I had the same feelings, on 3g using multiple features (Waze, bluetooth, other apps) the battery would die rather quickly. Sometimes when i used the sleep button on the iphone just to have the screen go black i would find that when i went back to look at Waze, my connection was either very weak or not connected at all and it showed i wasnt on the Waze network.

Other times when i would check Waze to see if it were still tracking my progress, it appeared that nothing had happened (still connected to Waze network and excellent green connection). For the times that it appeared that i lost my connection to Waze i dont really know if it impacted my points accumulated. Waze quickly recalculated where i was after a few seconds.

I also have an iphone but i've jailbroken mine. If you're willing to go through this process you can install a program called 'backgrounder'. Just as its name implies, it allows you to run application in the background. So i'll start Waze, get connected, enter my route and then enable backgrounding for Waze, turn off my screen and go on my way. I have yet to loose a connection or have any problem. I would think that i'm getting a little more life out of my battery now ;)
Lemon
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager

Post by tom_sapo
Lemon wrote:What phone do you use?
i use iPhone 3g
tom_sapo
Send a message