Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by jcrawford27
Cybrosys wrote:And while we're on the topic of custom routes. Google Navigation offers a way to drag & drop the planned route so that the driver can customize which path he/she takes to reach their destination.
While they offer that you still have to print the route out because as of yet I have not found a way to "import" those routes into the Android Navigation app.
jcrawford27
Send a message

Post by jcrawford27
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:If I've never driven somewhere, I doubt I'd take the time to pre-plan it. This is along the lines of the question Darren posed, "If you don't know the area I'm not sure why you would want to dictate the route!?" Why would I think I can pick a better route if I have no idea about what traffic patters or streets are like in the areas I'm likely to transit?
unless you like scenery rather than highway or you ride a motorcycle and WANT to hit the TWISTY roads :)
jcrawford27
Send a message

Post by jcrawford27
If you want it, vote on it.
http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59225- ... ?ref=title

If I created a duplicate voice entry please let me know but searching turned up nothing.
jcrawford27
Send a message

Post by jcrawford27
RickW-NC wrote:OK, now you have me thinking about the ultimate motorcycle app. Instead of a destination, you put in the time allotted and your budget for food. You would also need to submit a picture of your chicken strips so it can adjust the mileage to your speed!!! It would then pick the twistiest road that you have not driven on recently. In a group context, it would weight each riders history so the highest percent of riders would be happy. I'm not sure how to do the scenery part, maybe you rate the ride afterwards. It would also need to know the range of all bikes (hopefully no peanut tanks) so it could do gas stops also. I actually used my Garmin with a handle bar mount to lead a group. It could not navigate the huge loop but it did give me a heads up on the curves coming up and made me look like a more aggressive rider than I am. The Garmin eventually broke its mouse button probably due to the vibration. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.
LOL a bit more than I was requesting :)

I am not solely thinking about motorcycles though, leaf peepers may want to put in a route their friend told them was nice. Then they can go see the foliage on that route up in VT or NH, etc. Upon leaving their home they know what road they want to take to get there they plot it and set off. Waze knows its a custom route so it does not try to re-route them (unless they did something foolish like try to go the wrong way down a one way) rather it just directs them along the path.
jcrawford27
Send a message

Post by RickW-NC
OK, now you have me thinking about the ultimate motorcycle app. Instead of a destination, you put in the time allotted and your budget for food. You would also need to submit a picture of your chicken strips so it can adjust the mileage to your speed!!! It would then pick the twistiest road that you have not driven on recently. In a group context, it would weight each riders history so the highest percent of riders would be happy. I'm not sure how to do the scenery part, maybe you rate the ride afterwards. It would also need to know the range of all bikes (hopefully no peanut tanks) so it could do gas stops also. I actually used my Garmin with a handle bar mount to lead a group. It could not navigate the huge loop but it did give me a heads up on the curves coming up and made me look like a more aggressive rider than I am. The Garmin eventually broke its mouse button probably due to the vibration. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.
RickW-NC
Send a message
Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 Waze 3.1.0.0 (Crown, AM)

Post by Suik
dmcconachie wrote:
Where I do agree is that it would be nice to have an online "pre-plan" feature with the possibility to set waypoints or even plug in a set of waypoints and let waze determine the best route AND order!
Abso-fn'-lutely the feature I'm desperately waiting for :). And I'd say it'll be very useful as me e.g. drive everyday myself & my gf to work (2 different places in the same town), so why not to plan a route with two waypoints but only one actual end? :). Also others could use it, e.g. mums driving kids to school and then somewhere else etc. etc. People from one city district often commute together in one car, though they have different arrival points :)
Suik
Send a message
The one that returned
almosthttps://s.waze.tools/s0025.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c3.png
Renault Fluence 2011, 1.6 16V, Samsung GS7 stock Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.18.0.1
FB pg: Waze Slovensko / Twitter: @waze_slovensko / G+: Waze Slovensko