If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Place name size and readability

Post by wl02703
A big problem with the world map as it is at the moment is the readability of the place names both in the client and also the live map. It's next to impossible to distinguish the major cities from the local towns and villages because every label is the same size.

This doesn't appear to be a problem on the NA server's map. The labels for the major cities are a different size and shading from the smaller places. Also, the smaller cities and villages only become visible once the zoom level get closer in thus reducing clutter on the map. Could these changes be included on the world map?

Whilst researching this, I found a great blog post about the readability of the google maps labels compared to other maps. If Waze could implement just a few of the ideas in that post, the legibility of the world maps would increase ten fold.
wl02703

POSTER_ID:2770952

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
If I'm not mistaken, upgrading the LiveMap for the world is on the list of things to do, which, unfortunately is rather long, and I'm not sure the livemap is in the top 5. Maybe top 10. Just guessing. I really don't know. Just a feelin'.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ