Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Fuelly integrated to Waze?

Post by specialsmith
Hi,

Has it been asked before? This Fuelly site/app is great and I'm having wet dreams about seeing Waze and Fuelly working together. Is it a stupid idea?

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/specsec
specialsmith

POSTER_ID:2869821

Send a message

Post by Dash-2
Gas Buddy and Fuelly integration would be awesome. Waze would THE go to app if you drive a car.
Dash-2
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
I looked at aCar but it was just too detailed! What does everyone use for Fuelly currently? I'm amazed it doesn't have it's own app! :o
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by floppyrod84
Lol so did I, and it's now in my signature :D
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
specialsmith wrote:What do you think? Having a report type "fuel price"?
The problem with something simple like this is that there is no valid way to search multiple reports to find the lowerst price. No ability to sort by price or distance. No ability to search between regular, premium, diesel etc.

There are other apps that do this well. Why try to 'hack' Waze to report fuel prices?

If Waze is going to add fuel prices as a feature of Waze, they should do a proper implementation to make this feature useful and easy to use. And Waze should license the leading database of prices in each country instead of creating another store of prices. These need to be updated constantly, multiple times per day. If the updates are not frequent, the data is useless.

Another option would be for Waze to 'mate' with other fuel prices applications. You could do the search for the lowest fuel price in the industry leading application(s) and then click on a button - 'navigate to this station with Waze' to set a route.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by jcrawford27
I think I would like the idea as I use both services.
jcrawford27
Send a message

Post by Majumdar
I wholly agree that third-party integration would / should be awesome, but let's focus on stabilising and (after that) expanding the core service of what Waze really is; reliable crowdsourced navigation and mapping.

:)
Rob
Majumdar
Send a message
Area Manager - Quebec, Canada

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Android 4.4.4 | Waze Beta 3.9.3 | Telus Mobility

Post by MarionOaks
If they integrate a "Gas Buddy" into Waze, that would solve the problem. I have no history of coding, but I'll assume it's like integrating Foursquare. You need to "turn it on/sign in" and I guess there could be an option of when you want to receive the gas prices so it doesn't clutter up your dashboard.
MarionOaks
Send a message
Map Editor Level: 4
Current project: Map Reports/Speed Limit Verification
Next Project(s): TBD
Devices:
Dell Inspiron for edits
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge for the road

Post by miketempleton
Dash-2 wrote:GasBuddy and Fuelly integration would be awesome. Waze would THE go to app if you drive a car.
I agree. I've been thinking about this for a while too. It would be awesome to see the various services work in tandem.

Think about it:
  • You get into your car and fire up Waze, pulling out of the garage and onto the road. You need to fill up your tank, so you pull off to your favorite gas station. Clicking into Waze, you use the foursquare function to check in, you report the current gas prices via a tie-in with GasBuddy (which pulls the appropriate station from your foursquare check-in), then finish filling up your tank and log your odometer reading (which hooks to Fuelly).
It really would be slick.
miketempleton
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Driving daily from Ankeny to West Des Moines.
iPhone 4 - AT&T - iOS 5.0 | Waze 3.0

Post by petervdveen
They should integrated aCar for android! 8-)
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux