If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

New feature proposed: "Itineraries"

Post by otellino
Hi, I think a great feature for this kind of navigator would be to "teach" waze itineraries that can be followed by other users later. For instance, one organizes a marriage and the way from the church to the restaurant is long and complicated... But the future husband records the "itinerary" on waze, simply driving from the church to the restaurant, and saves it on a waze repository of itineraries, so that other "invited people" can follow the same way, guided by waze. It would also be useful for escursions on mountain paths. One explores a new path, saving the itinerary on waze, and his friends can repeat the same path afterwards.
Wouldn't it be pretty useful? ;-)
otellino

POSTER_ID:3385480

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
This idea is not new and has been suggested in forum a few times in the last few months I would bet there is one already on the Client Uservoice system. Some people call them "waypoints" other people call them multi-destination routing, etc. You may need to do some searches to determine if there is already an existing request you can vote on.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by harling
otellino wrote:Hi, I think a great feature for this kind of navigator would be to "teach" waze itineraries that can be followed by other users later...
The only drawback I can see would be that, if you want to specify which road segments to follow (rather than allow Waze to find the route), changes to the map could "break" it. Each segment has an ID number, but those numbers can change as the result of even basic editing. So if you were to save the sequence of segment numbers that the routing server sends you, then feed them back into the client at a later date, there is no guarantee that it would still work.

In short, it would be better to give Waze the destination and let the server build a route using the current map.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by pulsarxp
I do not understand is why it is good. By losing the essence of waze. This can a smooth navigation. Ten times the same path from the same planning. WAZE is about the important thing is that every moment is changing faster than the utility.
pulsarxp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://sign.waze.tools/images/signatures/cones-6.png
Country manager: Hungary
Hardware: Samsung S9 Plus : Android 9.0.0
Car: Peugeot 206 SW