If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Maemo App?

Post by madmaze
Hello everyone,
Im new to waze, at the moment i have a nokia n96, but at the end of this week I will be getting my long awaited n900. Is there a maemo app for this? or is there any dev going on at the moment, id love to get in on it.

--Maze
madmaze

POSTER_ID:78356

Send a message

Post by dgmarques
Hello !

Since this post was not updated since May 2010, I just would like to know if/when you're going to support Maemo. We just started to use Waze in Brazil, and we have a reasonable number of persons willing to use it with N900, I'm included into this group, as I'm just getting a Maemo phone...

Is there a roadmap available for phone support?

Br,

Daniel.
dgmarques
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
zux500 wrote:nothing yet? i'm looking at the brand new nokia N9 Swipe, but don't want to lose waze...
I never say never...but...on this occasion I'm willing to make an exception! No chance I'm afraid!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
It's my opinion but Waze have committed only to developing or iOS and Android in the foreseeable future bypassing BB, Symbian and WP7. Maemo/Meego isn't even on the "Not at the moment" list!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by gettingthere
zux500 wrote:nothing yet? i'm looking at the brand new nokia N9 Swipe, but don't want to lose waze...
Are you able to find any independent market share data of that OS?
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gfdsa
well, you can start by letting us update webservices and pulling events
gfdsa
Send a message

Post by krankyd
Right now we don't support it, but in the future we hope to be able to support this platform as well, just like other platforms that are on the roadmap. Unfortunately, we don't have any set dates for this release yet.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by madmaze
I assume thats a no?
madmaze
Send a message

Post by Qhorse
+1 for a Maemo app :mrgreen:

There's probably not as many Maemo users than android or other OS but its user are very much "open source" aware, which would probably make them especially keen to use Waze ! :D
Qhorse
Send a message

Post by Qhorse
up :mrgreen:

One month without waze (other than map editing)... tough :cry:
Qhorse
Send a message