If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

why not work with....

Post by ExcelsiorDDZ
I recently found openstreetmap.org and really have enjoyed that and its accuracy. Why not contact them and work together with the mapping?
ExcelsiorDDZ

POSTER_ID:3587879

Send a message

Post by subaru101
With the licence i think not so. You can take osm for commercial projekts.

But @ExcelsiorDDZ: I think there is a different approach between osm and waze:
OsM startet former and its connectet with topographicl maps. So every thing in osm can be mapped and tagged.
Waze specifically tags only car-routes. And it make it very dynamik: Routes and traffic- informations to the routes (average speed, turn rules, and so on) are build automatically. And mistakes in the map you can very easy report with the app. And it has many social aspectes.
I dont know a programm similar to osm. And in osm-apps no jam-warning and trafficdata is provided. This is the ko-argument for me :D

So i have make many work for osm, but now Im here.

Greetings
subaru101
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
This has been asked many many times. Short answer is simply that licensing is not compatible.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator