If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Potholes and sticking

Post by LeeFormanNinja
It's winter here and there are a lot of potholes - one thing I like about Waze is my ability to update Waze with an alert about a pothole - helps other Wazers - and it helps me if I am back on that road again. The trouble is that I AM back on that road again - the very next day, M-F same route - but my Pothole alert may be gone. In particular, man I am talking about the Mother of all Potholes - this sucker is enormous. It's in a lane on a 4 lane road - meaning, if you move to avoid it, you may end up in an accident with folks flying in the faster lane to the left. So I noted this pothole, got some thanks from other Wazers, and the next day the notation was gone - but the pothole was bigger than ever - and I ended up having to hit it. So what is the logic on a pothole? How long does it stay registered? Another question - I marked the pothole as I was driving over it - at like 2 mph as traffic was crawling - does that help with accuracy? Anyway - long and short - I would like to request that a pothole marker be maintained beyond what appeared to have been a 24 hour period. It's still there, it hasn't been fixed, it's about 3 weeks now - and it seems rather silly to have to repeat the warning for other drivers EVERY day. Thanks.
LeeFormanNinja

POSTER_ID:17046591

Send a message

CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902